changing temperature

Started by julian509, February 23, 2015, 04:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julian509

i wanted to know if its possible to increase or decrease the max temp in your settling area? i'd like to play a very challenging run, but the temperature just wont go extreme enough. Anyone got a clue how to adjust that?

thank you in advance  :D

chrisb2e9

I don't know the answer to your question. But how extreme do you need? My current map hits -57 at it's lowest. Stays around -50 for a month or two. I've watched visitors freeze on my door step!

julian509

Quote from: chrisb2e9 on February 25, 2015, 09:26:44 AM
I don't know the answer to your question. But how extreme do you need? My current map hits -57 at it's lowest. Stays around -50 for a month or two. I've watched visitors freeze on my door step!
(sorry for the late reply, totally forgot i asked this question)
i'd like it to sit at a minimum of -45 celcius, forcing me to be really carefull with my actions.

Coenmcj

I believe that there's the seed 'Ice' for a rather cold one, But editing the worlds I'm not quite sure on, think you may need to mod the World generation defs for that.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

hyperkiller

The IceSheet mod was pretty hard, i had it in F instead of Celsius and it would get -150 F and would never go above -10 F (growing food with solar flares constant was a pain)

RemingtonRyder

You'll find the coldest temps in the more mountainous areas, especially in the north.