Can Someone explain this to me?

Started by Wabajack42, April 15, 2015, 10:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wabajack42

So i was setting up a colony and making my fridge when suddenly I have "No Materials" to build the coolers with even though there is steel on the map made available

So i tell the colonists to stop building the cooler and I replace it, then i tell my colonist to work on it

He just simply moved the steel out of the way and complained there were no materials

After that i canceled the other cooler I was building, and the AI finally decided to let me construct the cooler

PotatoeTater

You have to have the steel needed in a stockpile (the full amount) to make them work on it. I know it's a little annoying.
Life is Strange

TLHeart

no more have your construction guys running across the map to pick up 6 steel to complete the build, instead a full stack of steel will be hauled to the stock pile, and then the construction guy or gal can get the 6 steel and finish the job. I personally like the change. No more running across the map to pick up one or two pieces.

Murdo

I get the "no materials" warning, but I've had builders grab piles of nearby steel (sitting uncollected where it was mined, not in stockpile) to complete a construction. Maybe it's a range or zone thing.

Dave-In-Texas

I have had them go around the map collecting it.  the floating text near the mouse will indicate that you haven't enough stored, but it should still get built.  if you're getting the no materials warning in the messaging pane on the right that is a bug or you've missed something.  we would need more information to sort that out.