Great Confrontation between Zero and One

Started by Enjoyment, April 30, 2015, 04:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who are you?

Im definitely a Zero-man. And I want changes!
Im an a longtime follower of One. And I will stand to death!
I dont care. But I will gladly watch over this fight
Whatta u talkin bout?

Enjoyment

So... I think you dont get the point of the poll just for one look. So let me explain my thought.

DISCLAIMER: The poll and following text may contain some agressive style, but it was made just to add some atmosphere. Im very peaceful and totally happy with Rimworld.

Go on. As you know, we live in Digital Era now and most of the things that surrounds us - they are just a combinations of 1 and 0. So what is a point of confrontation? In Rimworld, we have a typical 1-style model of almost everything. Just a few examples (with my comments to explain a point of poll).

1. Addin a new task to craft-table, we already have 1 product to make. But in 99% cases I have my bills in "do until you have x" style, and "x" there is set to product stockpile limit (10 for food, 75 for rare thing and 300/600/1200 for common things). And I always have to press "-1" button at the end. Also I must add new bills only on pause to prevent my crafter to stop his work and start making this new bill (even before I forbid to use valuable materials).
2. All the temperature-control units is set to 21 (u see - 1, not 0 :)). But makin a cooler-zone I prefer to use -5, -10, -20 etc temperature sets, so I always have to press "-1" button at the end. I know that 21 wasn't just a random number, but I think that pawns will still be happy to sleep in rooms with 20

So I just curious - is it just my abberation, or Im not alone and someone else is suffering of Rimworld-of-One and dreams of Zero-like-Rimworld?.. Say your word, community!

Sorry for my bad English and maybe not clear thoughts, but I guess you will be able to get the point  ;)

P.S. don't know will Tynan read this topic, but if he will: "Hey, Ty, I want to sincerely thank you for separating crafting jobs - I wine for it for a few alphas, and when you did it, I forget to say thx. So, thx again)"
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

JonoRig

I'm pretty sure that when you set bill to " make until x " it defaults to 10, not 1 anymore. But yes, the freezer controls can be a little annoying, but I tend to only have one freezer, so set it up early in game and then forget about it over the next few days that my colonies play out for

Kaballah

How about a 'set default' feature for job configurations so everyone could be happy.