a10 Anyone else having trouble with hauling?

Started by Dave-In-Texas, April 16, 2015, 12:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave-In-Texas

Every now and then it bugs out.  i get items just left lying around.

the first time it was some cloth.  i tried to manually haul it and got the greyed out 'no empty places' message.  a little bit later someone picked that same cloth along with some others and away it went.

most recently its a pistol that i want hauled under cover before it melts away.

the dumping stockpile is set to all weapons.  the % is 0-100 (its at 87%) any quality (its normal).

the files (world/save) are too big to post here even with compression, so i thought i'd ask if anyone else had this trouble.

edit: actually here's a dropbox link to the word + save (no mods)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ncjyfwc3a1o836/We%20Landed.zip?dl=0

UMK

Compress save file with zip and you will be impressed.

mrofa

I had some hauling problems, did send time tabels whole to anything and it started to work again.
All i do is clutter all around.

Dave-In-Texas

its still > 600k

but i remembered i have dropbox all set up.

edited the original post with the link.

if someone else wants to take a stab at it and see if i'm just an idiot before i bug report it?

the gun in question is at

Dave-In-Texas

well.  either its a time of day thing, or exiting and reloading cleared the problem..
HMMM.

Tynan

If you find a reproducible bug please post in Bugs forum!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Tynan on April 16, 2015, 02:56:03 PM
If you find a reproducible bug please post in Bugs forum!

absolutely :)   next time it happens i'll save the game promptly, if that doesn't fix the problem (which would tell us something eh) i'll post it.

Tynan

Thanks very much.

This has been reported but I can't seem to repro it or trace it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

huyderman

I had some problems with colonists hauling stuff in and out of my stockpile when setting filters, but I'm a bit unsure what triggered it and what resolved it.

Demoulius

I also have  a problem with hauling, but thats mostly because I place it under priority 4 and people think other things are more important  ;D

Dave-In-Texas

Just had it happen again.  some raiders dropped weapons.
i unforbid them and expected them to be hauled to my main dump which has every weapon and apparel selected among other things.  0-100% durability and any quality.

the guns lay there for a few days, i attempted to manually order a haul but got told
'no open locations'.  save the game, reload the game and everything is back to normal.

so... nothing to upload since the save doesn't preserve the bug.  The colony is two years old. dunno what else to say.

RickyMartini

That rings a bell, when this "bug" happened, where you building new floors right under the designated zone? (your main dump)

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Skissor on April 26, 2015, 07:46:26 PM
That rings a bell, when this "bug" happened, where you building new floors right under the designated zone? (your main dump)

No, the only building scheduled was a partially completed grand wall and some other sundry items - no flooring at all and none in a stockpile.

Havefun

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on April 26, 2015, 06:45:23 PM
Just had it happen again.  some raiders dropped weapons.
i unforbid them and expected them to be hauled to my main dump which has every weapon and apparel selected among other things.  0-100% durability and any quality.

the guns lay there for a few days, i attempted to manually order a haul but got told
'no open locations'.  save the game, reload the game and everything is back to normal.

so... nothing to upload since the save doesn't preserve the bug.  The colony is two years old. dunno what else to say.

Quote from: Skissor on April 26, 2015, 07:46:26 PM

I had a similar thing happen to me earlier, but i wasn't laying floor in the stockpile area... I was smoothing the floor. Cleared actions in the stockpile area and was able to get my pawns to fetch the weapons without getting the "no locations" message.

RickyMartini