Maybe I'm just dumb, but...

Started by Plasmatic, November 22, 2013, 06:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plasmatic

I've been looking through the mod thread and many of the mod packs are good, but not exactly what I wanted.. so I figure I would give modding a shot..

This is when I ran into problems..

I downloaded .NET reflector and the add-on.. but then what?

when I open the program and try to open the .dll I get this screen:

what the heck do I do then? I've looked through those headings on the left, but I can't find anything that I would think relates to the game..

Now, I don't know programming, of any language, but I've successfully written *some* HTML and I'm pretty good at reading code in general.. but I can't make heads or tails of this at all..

Motorkingpus

Look in the Assembly-CSharp, then go into  Assembly-CSharp.dll and then {} -

Plasmatic

Quote from: Motorkingpus on November 22, 2013, 08:01:51 AM
Look in the Assembly-CSharp, then go into  Assembly-CSharp.dll and then {} -

*Image*

This looks interesting, and most of it is gibberish to me :P

But how do I edit the numbers? seems like the file is read-only (it's not) I've tried pressing the menu buttons, but none of them seem to let me edit anything.

For the record, if you are feeling really nice.. what I am trying to do is:
(*= I know where the value is, I just can't seem to be able to edit it)

Existing mods
-Improved walls mod (more hp, non-flammable)
-Nutrient Paste gives +50 Happiness
-Resource mod, sort of.. (I'd like to get an extra 50-100 metal when I get metal, but keep food the same.. This is not important, as I know the basics of tweaking saves)
-Higher population cap (5x)
-A few more geysers (8-12 on a map)
-A better but non-OP turret, more HP, more accurate (if possible) no explosion.
-Frag grenades that don't destroy sandbags/walls/buildings
-If possible, very high chance to incapacitate vs kill (40-60% chance to incapacitate)
-Non or fewer animals (keep them psycho, just fewer)
-Disable solar flares

Mods that I can't find in Rhodes mod thread, but still want if they are possible at the moment:
-Improved batteries (if possible.. I'd like to see 2500 storage on batteries if possible)

I'd love to make this mod myself, if I A) Knew where to find above variables. B) knew how to modify them.

Motorkingpus

I have yet to figure that out myself too.   :P

Yolopanther

pppsssttt, Rhodes, this is where you come in.

Motorkingpus

The great god has yet to accept our sacrifice.

why1do

you need to enable the addin

find value(s) then change in box

Finaly save.

(first time doing images...)

EDIT
BACKUP YOUR DILL BEFORE YOU SAVE!!!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Plasmatic

Thanks! all I need to do now is find all the values I want then :)

why1do

pretty much, sniper turrets+low cooldown is op

Motorkingpus

Quote from: why1do on November 26, 2013, 06:51:27 PM

find value(s) then change in box

But that's where problems starts to erupt for me, I'm not able to change the value.
Like here, I want to change the gun to an M-24, but no matter how many times I try to edit it and save it, it stays the same.

Rhodes

After you modify the value, make sure you scroll back up to Assembly-CSharp and right-click it >> Reflexil >> Save As.
If you don't re-save, any modifications you made won't be applied.  Save it as Assembly-CSharp.dll or you game won't load it.

Also, any changes you make won't display in the code itself until you close the Assembly and re-open it.

Plasmatic

It's not working..

Changes are saved in the code, but nothing changes in-game, perhaps I'm looking at the wrong value..

saved and working when I reopen the file.. but the game still shows 4k generated power..
Is that the right value to change the power output of steam gen?

Am I missing a checkbox?

palandus

For the steam power theres two values you have to edit. If you only edit one, it will appear as if it did nothing. I believe the first value is in Actor (or w/e its called)

Arkadiusz103pl

I have a problem, i could not save what i've done.
Pic:

why1do

you need to add UnityEngine.dll to the objects