Alpha 10 - Ishbal: a Hot Desert flatland with Randy Random Extreme

Started by AdvsInfinity, April 16, 2015, 06:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdvsInfinity

Hey all! Just wanted to show off my Alpha 10 series I started earlier today, each new episode will be around 20-25 minutes (cutting out some light tedious bits) arriving about mid-day each day until completion. I went and found the hottest part of the map and landed in the middle of the flattest area of desert I could find so no giant mountain colony here. I also have Randy Random Extreme handling the events, so hopefully that triggers some interesting gameplay.

I tend to play a very thought out game for my LP colonies, planning out nearly the entire base ahead of time and thinking of the order of operations to get to that point. There were some that wanted a bit more improvisation or spontaneity, but I feel like I play sloppy when I don't plan things out, so hopefully the weight of the hot desert and Randy Extreme will add a bit more of a spontaneous element to it this time around. I'm also playing fairly unfamiliar to the Alpha 10 features though I am very practiced at this point with the features up to Alpha 9, so learning how 10's affects the dynamics of base-building mid-game will be interesting.

I think my end goal is going to be 30 citizens (a decent number that I can still run and record quickly) and trying to get as many of them (maybe even all of them) to go full Cyborg with bionics as quickly as possible. I don't plan on building the spaceship, I'm just going to try to reach this goal and if the series hasn't already ended I'll spawn a giant wave of bad-guys for us to fight against as a finale.

Playlist (Starting with Alpha 10 episode 1: Founding Ishbal): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbP9ApNfPyw&index=31&list=PLPLvKraZl_ni0YBZGvuHDKSxp7wNMlixZ

I also decided to name the city Ishbal after the desert civilization in FullMetal Alchemist  ;D

Thanks for reading!