Modlist Alpha Release Sub-folder/Directories in Forums

Started by 1BadPanda, April 17, 2015, 02:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BadPanda

This one isn't for the game, but instead the forums.  I find it difficult to sift through which alpha release each one applies to.  Could we just get one more sub directory for each alpha release in the forums?

skullywag

I see why you want that but the problem is we dont create new threads for each alpha so threads would have to be moved and then youd be left with an alpha forum only have 1 or 2 mods left in it...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

1BadPanda

So if new threads aren't created... then I could just hyperlink to each mod I like in a favorites folder of sorts... and it would keep current?

skullywag

Yep. Bookmarks on browsers are made for this really. I havent made a new thread for a mod yet i just change the title to say alpha whatever once its updated and most others do to. :)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

DevilKhan

I know what you mean having 14+pages to break them apart. I knew that would be problem if you had to do it. However, merely change the name to something like "Alpha legacy" or some to that affect and just go from Alpha 10 (current alpha).
wouldn't be a lot of trouble. If creating a new sub-forum every time could only be Tynan, it wouldn't be a big(ish) deal. He'd have to remind him self every 2-3 months of what to do really. You wouldn't have that much would and after that be none existance really.

On the subject of the post tbh just because the modder wouldn't want to split it up, he "could" merely at the top link to older posts. Again that woildn't be extra for the Moderators, just the modified writers. Again very very little work.