Gun Turret range?

Started by webkilla, November 22, 2013, 01:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webkilla

Heyo

I've seen a few lets-plays of the alpha here - and I've looked around on the forum, but haven't seen anyone talking about this issue:

Gun Turret range

They seem to match in range to pistols - but whenever a raider shows up with a Lee-enfield (i'm assuming this is some kind of rifle?) then they have twice the range of the turret!

This seems... off

Now, looking in the forum the idea of "cheap solutions" has been talked of a lot, so I have a few suggestions - some cheap, some not

Cheap ones:
1) research option - gun turret range (can have multiple ones, each adding a certain value to turret range)
2) research option - gun turret weapon upgrade (does the same as the above, just a different excuse to why there's an improvement...)

Expensive ones:
1) a weapon computer building? Some kind of central control station for the turrets, which - when built - might boosts range and whatnot, perhaps also allowing the player to give target orders to the turrets
2)

The game otherwise looks really great - and seems to have a lot of promise, but things like this have to be addressed: I've seen a number of annoyed lets-players who felt completely steamrolled when their third raider attack featured vastly superior firepower that their little pea-shooter guns and turrets could do nothing against

Galileus

Turrets will be redone in newer version, they are also not supposed to be your only tool of defence.

webkilla

Quote from: Galileus on November 22, 2013, 01:42:18 PM
Turrets will be redone in newer version, they are also not supposed to be your only tool of defence.

Figured as much - the game being alpha and all

...and I have to say: Its really neat to be able to gain this kind of insight into game development - seeing how it evolves :)