[A12d] Tools for haul. Animal will help us! V1.5d 22-10-2015

Started by BBream, April 17, 2015, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abrexus

Very nice mod!  I plan on adding this to my list of must have mods!

BBream

Quote from: Hunter00064 on April 18, 2015, 10:15:46 PM
Hey, this mod doesn't work with EdB's Prepare carefully, I reinstalled multiple times but EdB's Prepare Carefully's interface doesn't show up, I already posted something on EdB's Prepare Carefully's page about this problem and I hope it gets resolved.

I checked just before but I can find problem. According to message, it may have problem in EdB's Prepare carefully and now it seems to be fine. If you are engaged bug again, please let me know. And for knowing what happened, I must need error message at least

robsypes

was just about to download, but if it's not compatible with prepare carefully there is no point.  Hope you can flush it out soon.

Is it possible to start the game with prepare carefully... save it once it's started, then reload the game with this mod enabled and prepare carefully disabled?

beany_for_ever

EdB has patched Prepare Carefully to make it work with mods like this one, you need 1.8.2 not the original alpha 10 release 1.8.1

Famous Shoes

Quote from: robsypes on April 19, 2015, 01:27:19 PM
was just about to download, but if it's not compatible with prepare carefully there is no point.  Hope you can flush it out soon. [...]

I was just trying this out with Prepare Carefully 1.8.2-1 to better understand why my own mod has problems with Prepare Carefully (mine also uses A10's new Accessory layer). I didn't see any problems with Tools for Haul + Prepare Carefully. That said I didn't test extensively and trying to understand what horrors Prepare Carefully is perpetrating on the Core apparel layers about broke my brain ;) So your mileage may vary.

Anyway, give it a shot I say, likely this and Prepare Carefully will work just fine for you (if not, I think Prepare Carefully is what will need to change.) And, in theory, there shouldn't be an issue with starting without this and adding it in later.

BBream

Quote from: pestilenz on April 19, 2015, 12:06:48 PM
I'm still amazed with this mod! Just realized that when the cargo is hauling food, it's also considering the 6 items rule, so that he only has 6x8=48 potatoes loaded instead of hauling 75 manually. Could you change that to a "haul until full" rule?
Nice that like my ideas. Love to see the medic in action, my unfriendly neighbors all seem to be hemophile :)

Ok, I need to improve JobDriver. I'll remember this problem. JobDriver not check item has full stack.
Thanks for giving advice.

beany_for_ever

I've seen this happen when hauling only stone chunks. If it's a full load of 6 stone chunks then at full speed the game starts jerking/stuttering.

[attachment deleted due to age]

ZeeOvenfresh

"How did you get into my house?"
-Morgan Freeman

robsypes

not sure what's going on, but in my last game with this mod... They wouldn't take my food from the farms to the freezer, they would drop them off in the main storeyard.  My setup is fine, it's normally worked perfectly.  I'm just wondering if it's just me or if other people are experiencing this as well.

Kubouch

I tried the cargo yesterday and albeit a great idea it feels broken. First my hauler gets to the cargo and hauls everything - nice. But after he drops the cargo he gets to an idle state and keeps wandering even though there is plenty of things to haul. Haven't tried the backpack yet.

lazerlogic

Is the zip supposed to not ha a main catalouge ?cuz all i hgave when opening it is the subfolders

BBream

Quote from: Kubouch on April 20, 2015, 09:54:18 AM
I tried the cargo yesterday and albeit a great idea it feels broken. First my hauler gets to the cargo and hauls everything - nice. But after he drops the cargo he gets to an idle state and keeps wandering even though there is plenty of things to haul. Haven't tried the backpack yet.

Quote from: robsypes on April 19, 2015, 06:49:19 PM
not sure what's going on, but in my last game with this mod... They wouldn't take my food from the farms to the freezer, they would drop them off in the main storeyard.  My setup is fine, it's normally worked perfectly.  I'm just wondering if it's just me or if other people are experiencing this as well.

I have problem in reservation. Temporary solution is that you make item forbidden and unforbidden. Sorry but I'm thinking how to fix it. Please wait.

BBream

Quote from: lazerlogic on April 20, 2015, 03:11:23 PM
Is the zip supposed to not ha a main catalouge ?cuz all i hgave when opening it is the subfolders

Sorry, I zipped it subfolder. I'll fix it in next release

BBream

Quote from: beany_for_ever on April 19, 2015, 02:35:05 PM
I've seen this happen when hauling only stone chunks. If it's a full load of 6 stone chunks then at full speed the game starts jerking/stuttering.

I didn't initialize container. But it will still give error message if you use dev tool and select cargo. I cannot find way to avoid this error message. It will fixed next version. Thanks for giving screenshot.

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Riftmaster on April 17, 2015, 01:18:03 PM
Mad idea generated.

*cough* https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11367
I never got much feedback on that thread. :(

Congrats on the 'gold release' for your mod, BBream!
You could ask Shinzy or jabbamonkey for help with the graphics, they do some awesome work!