[A12d] Tools for haul. Animal will help us! V1.5d 22-10-2015

Started by BBream, April 17, 2015, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tekuromoto

Quote from: notfood on September 12, 2015, 10:46:53 AM
I have a single gripe that happens continuously, I keep losing my carts and I can't find them. It'd be cool if colonists put their carts in the carts stockpile after they are done with it. Right now they drop it wherever and trying to find it is really hard.
I'm having this problem too. I have a 3x3 stockpile outside the front door to the underground base and it's set to accept one thing: carts. The hauler instead leaves the thing any old place when he's done with it. Any thoughts?

Also, is there a way to have a pawn automatically use the cart day after day? It wouldn't be so bad that they leave it wherever they feel like it if you didn't need to find it again the next day and tell them to use it.

rsdworker

i love it - its makes lovely mod

stretchers would help alot to move around example dead bodies to morgue room or injured to Hosptial or moving disabled pawn around the base while waiting for operation

Cardbo

Not sure what's happening, but I've got the cart and backpack equipped on several colonist.  However, it seems like they won't use them.  Even if a colonist has a cart attached him, he won't put anything in it, or a backpack for that matter, and will just carry stuff in his hands.

Beathrus

Quote from: Cardbo on September 18, 2015, 10:25:15 PM
Not sure what's happening, but I've got the cart and backpack equipped on several colonist.  However, it seems like they won't use them.  Even if a colonist has a cart attached him, he won't put anything in it, or a backpack for that matter, and will just carry stuff in his hands.

Click the Colonist and then right click the cart and select 'Prioritize hauling with Tool cart'

Edit: For the backpack, you have to select colonist and then like, select an option and click drag what you want them to haul in it.

Also, can we get an option for the cart that reads 'Empty Tool Cart', so whatever is it in, the Colonist will haul the items inside to their respective locations before stop using the cart? I've had my Colonist haul a cart with food to my Gear storage and its sorta annoying. x.x

BBream

Sorry for late reply. I'll check what problem is.
TODO list:
- bug that  if user try to drop things out of the backpack they disappear completely
- Auto interaction with backpack
- Bug that cart sometimes don't be used. Not surly fixed

BBream

Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 17, 2015, 09:16:54 PM
I have a single gripe that happens continuously, I keep losing my carts and I can't find them. It'd be cool if colonists put their carts in the carts stockpile after they are done with it. Right now they drop it wherever and trying to find it is really hard.
I'm having this problem too. I have a 3x3 stockpile outside the front door to the underground base and it's set to accept one thing: carts. The hauler instead leaves the thing any old place when he's done with it. Any thoughts?

Also, is there a way to have a pawn automatically use the cart day after day? It wouldn't be so bad that they leave it wherever they feel like it if you didn't need to find it again the next day and tell them to use it.

You are right but I have no better logic for this.
This is hauling with cart logic.

Haul job logic
1.Check cart is empty and if not empty, drop in stockpile.
2.Collect item and drop it.
3.If No haul job, then cart will be placed in where it should be placed.

So if colonist go sleep before ending haul job, then cart would be placed anywhere.
But if I made logic like this, this will make job inefficiently because everytime one job is ended they should place cart to specific place.

Haul job logic
2.Collect item and drop it. After that, place cart where it should be placed.
3.If No haul job, do not anything.

btw, I don't know why you find cart by yourself. Even if it has bug I'm still finding you don't need to setup cart to colonist.

BBream

Quote from: Beathrus on September 20, 2015, 01:51:00 PM
Quote from: Cardbo on September 18, 2015, 10:25:15 PM

Click the Colonist and then right click the cart and select 'Prioritize hauling with Tool cart'

Edit: For the backpack, you have to select colonist and then like, select an option and click drag what you want them to haul in it.

Also, can we get an option for the cart that reads 'Empty Tool Cart', so whatever is it in, the Colonist will haul the items inside to their respective locations before stop using the cart? I've had my Colonist haul a cart with food to my Gear storage and its sorta annoying. x.x

it looks strange... Because before colonist start haul with cart, they always check whether cart is empty. but you told cart is not empty. Please tell me more about this.

BBream

V1.4a is uploaded

Change Log
  V1.4a
  - Backpack droping bug is fixed. It was made disappeared equipment that try to drop.
  - Backpack is now used for hauling. Priority of using tool is Backpack - Cart - Hand.
    Before they start hauling with backpack, they will remember backpack's item that already put in and won't drop it.

notfood

Using latest.

It appears they are trying to haul forbidden things and they freeze with this error:Exception in SetupToils (pawn=Pawn, hob=HaulWithBackpack C=Apparel_Backpack55953): System.InvalidOperationException: Operation not valid due to the current state of the object.
Pawn started 10 jobs in one tick. thinkResult=(job=HaulWithBackpack C=Apparel_Backpack55953 sourceNode=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work) lastJobGiver=

Happens as soon as I land and equip a backpack, lay a stockpile and everything is forbidden.

BBream

Quote from: notfood on September 26, 2015, 03:51:52 PM
Using latest.

It appears they are trying to haul forbidden things and they freeze with this error:Exception in SetupToils (pawn=Pawn, hob=HaulWithBackpack C=Apparel_Backpack55953): System.InvalidOperationException: Operation not valid due to the current state of the object.
Pawn started 10 jobs in one tick. thinkResult=(job=HaulWithBackpack C=Apparel_Backpack55953 sourceNode=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work) lastJobGiver=

Happens as soon as I land and equip a backpack, lay a stockpile and everything is forbidden.

Bug is fixed in V1.4b. Thanks for fast report.

falcongrey

Thank you for updating. This is such a must have mod for me to have.

Having the same issue. They drop it in the stock pile, in the halls, in the wilderness (lost for good here until they find it themselves), in the lion dens... (cats, gotta love that mod), in the lava... (ok... getting carried away with it.. though volcanic crash sites would be AWESOME!)
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

BBream

Quote from: falcongrey on September 26, 2015, 05:19:12 PM
-snip
Quote from: BBream on September 23, 2015, 07:12:21 AM
Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 17, 2015, 09:16:54 PM

You are right but I have no better logic for this.
This is hauling with cart logic.

Haul job logic
2.Collect item and drop it.
3.If No haul job, then cart will be placed in where it should be placed.

So if colonist go sleep before ending haul job, then cart would be placed anywhere.
But if I made logic like this, this will make job inefficiently because everytime one job is ended they should place cart to specific place.

Haul job logic
2.Collect item and drop it. After that, place cart where it should be placed.

btw, I don't know why you find cart by yourself. Even if it has bug I'm still finding you don't need to setup cart to colonist.

As I said, I didn't fix it and I have no good idea for solving this problem. But I think someone want to solve this problem. Give me time to think or tell me some idea for me.

Edit: Well... I didn't know a lot of place are dangerous. lion dens and lava? why do they pull the cart? How silly colonist!

So the problem is:
1) Cart is placed in dangerous location.
2) Cart is placed in location where player cannot find.

I can understand 1) is problem but 2) isn't problem I think. So I'll modify the logic check placement is dangerous.

falcongrey

I have an idea for the logic. Something like this:

2.Collect item and drop it. After that, check to see if area is 'home' area and if not, return to home area to place cart where it should be placed.

Logic like this would place the carts in an easier to find location AND insure it is in an area the pawns are not attacked from the animals or other hostile things. The lava was a sort of carried away joke though. We don't have volcanic bioms yet. :P  But yes, the pawns are silly things and tend to haul out the blocks and junk, then suddenly drop the cart and run off to eat or sleep or play with the joy toys. If there was some way to check to see it they are in the home area at least, then they would drop the cart in a safe area and it would be easier to locate.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

BBream

Quote from: falcongrey on September 26, 2015, 06:54:50 PM
I have an idea for the logic. Something like this:

2.Collect item and drop it. After that, check to see if area is 'home' area and if not, return to home area to place cart where it should be placed.

Logic like this would place the carts in an easier to find location AND insure it is in an area the pawns are not attacked from the animals or other hostile things. The lava was a sort of carried away joke though. We don't have volcanic bioms yet. :P  But yes, the pawns are silly things and tend to haul out the blocks and junk, then suddenly drop the cart and run off to eat or sleep or play with the joy toys. If there was some way to check to see it they are in the home area at least, then they would drop the cart in a safe area and it would be easier to locate.

OK, it looks reasonable trade-off. I'll modify logic in V1.4b.

Edit: I have changed logic in V1.4b. At least you could find cart in home area.

Zioko

Hey, uh, just a little question, bug, whatever you'd prefer to call it.

I started a colony on the basis it would be somewhat planned for, just for fun- as in, a team of people chosen in "Prepare Carefully", blahblahblah. Anyways, I gave each of them a backpack, a meal inside of it, and an item based on their job. (Pick for the miner, meds for the doctor, etc.) So, when I attempted to tell my miner to drop his pick on the ground, it disappeared. Poof. Gone. I tried this with every item I had stored for each of my pawns, and they simply disappeared- so I know it was not a mod error. Do I need to tell them to drop items in a stockpile, or...?