[A12d] Tools for haul. Animal will help us! V1.5d 22-10-2015

Started by BBream, April 17, 2015, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBream

Quote from: Zioko on September 26, 2015, 10:01:37 PM
-snip

Are you using mod version V1.4a? I fixed it in V1.4a. If you are using it, tell me more detail about it.

BBream

I'm making saddle and animal interaction with tools. Let me explain about saddle. Saddle can be mounted in animal's back and you can make it smith table. Human can board on Animal has saddle like riding horse. Rider would attack if enemy is close enough.
Unfortunally, It has still some bad bug related to interaction and I'm fixing it. I hope I can release V1.5 ASAP.
And I have plan for making vehicle like carriage that can interact with animal and colonist. If you have any idea for saddle or vehicle, please tell me about it.

skyarkhangel

rsdworker

i love it also could make stretcher - simllar to cart but only accepts injured people or dead people on it

BetaSpectre

I'd love to see animals following colonists, then these animals having carts attached to them xD!
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Hague

I can say for certain that if you manage to implement this, you can potentially add all sorts of vehicular "animals" in the game that behave like the drones/droids in other mods.

Regarding the carts, can you make a cart that makes the using pawn move faster? Something like a scooter/ORV/or Segway-style vehicle? The cart is fueled by an internal RTG that needs uranium and will slowly deteriorate to 0% over time, losing efficiency as the power-source dies. Maybe add two recipes to craft it: one that's the base to build and a second to take an existing auto-cart and replace its fuel-cell. If the pawn has a mental break while using it, they might crash and get injured (This is why you shouldn't let dementia patients drive) What do you think?

BBream

V1.5a is released. I'm very happy to kill 5 big bug!

Change Log
  V1.5a
  - 5 bugs are fixed. See this. https://github.com/BBream/ToolsForHaul/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed
  - Animals can haul item depending on their body size. For example, muffalo has 2.0 body size and factor is 4.
  So, muffalo can haul 8 items. You can see body size in information window.(Carring capacity)

V1.5
  - Cart and saddle can be mounted in animal's back. For this, Animal should be trained for 'Obeidence' and bigger than human.(baseBodySize >= 1.0)
  This is list of animal can mount cart and saddle:
    Warg, Husky, LabradorRetriever, Elk, Thrumbo, Boomalope, Muffalo, Rhinoceros, Dromedary, Elephant, Cow, Alpaca.
  - Cart has been nerfed. Maximum items humanlike can haul with cart is changed from 6 items or 600 stacks to 3 items or 300 stacks.
  Instead, Maximum items animal can haul with cart is 6 items or 600 stacks.
  - Saddle is added. Saddle can be mounted in animal's back. Human can board on Animal has saddle like riding horse.
  Rider would attack if enemy is close enough.
  - 'Drop All' button is added in Cart's Gear inspector tab.

BBream

Quote from: Hague on September 30, 2015, 02:37:59 AM
I can say for certain that if you manage to implement this, you can potentially add all sorts of vehicular "animals" in the game that behave like the drones/droids in other mods.

Regarding the carts, can you make a cart that makes the using pawn move faster? Something like a scooter/ORV/or Segway-style vehicle? The cart is fueled by an internal RTG that needs uranium and will slowly deteriorate to 0% over time, losing efficiency as the power-source dies. Maybe add two recipes to craft it: one that's the base to build and a second to take an existing auto-cart and replace its fuel-cell. If the pawn has a mental break while using it, they might crash and get injured (This is why you shouldn't let dementia patients drive) What do you think?
I think this is good idea and especially scooter. I have plan for this but before we discuss about it you have to use saddle. It is core item for making vehicle. Please play this lastest mod and lets discuss more.

Quote from: rsdworker on September 29, 2015, 12:10:20 PM
i love it also could make stretcher - simllar to cart but only accepts injured people or dead people on it

I think stretcher has not merit because colonist can haul patient by hand. So stretcher need more feature than cart can just haul. For example, portable medical bed .

I would think about it. Thanks both and please enjoy rimworld!

Wivex

... Just when i wanted to modify your mod to make carts mountable by animals. Good job.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: BBream on September 29, 2015, 06:54:22 AM
If you have any idea for saddle or vehicle, please tell me about it.

A simple truck would be nice, you can load a lot of item stacks in the back and it moves fast but it consumes fuel (maybe Fallout style nuclear fission powered cars?)

Then of course there are things like this ::)
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

BBream

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 30, 2015, 04:03:19 PM
Quote from: BBream on September 29, 2015, 06:54:22 AM
If you have any idea for saddle or vehicle, please tell me about it.

A simple truck would be nice, you can load a lot of item stacks in the back and it moves fast but it consumes fuel (maybe Fallout style nuclear fission powered cars?)

Then of course there are things like this ::)

I'd like to make other tools. I saw cart too much time. Other present vehicle is good! But carriage is first. Thanks.

Herc18

So what are the benefits to riding the animals? Do they move faster then the colonists do on foot? Animals block the rider from being shot? Just curious to the purpose, love them regardless 😍
What has been, will be again.

BBream

Quote from: Herc18 on October 01, 2015, 01:17:41 AM
So what are the benefits to riding the animals? Do they move faster then the colonists do on foot? Animals block the rider from being shot? Just curious to the purpose, love them regardless

Main benefit is that they can shoot while moving like mongolia horse archer.
Thirty arrow - Horse archer Show

But they move slower than walk on foot because animal typically slower than human.
So I think it need to be improved something. For example, adding storage like backpack so rider can swap weapon... Or kidnap enemy like cowboy by using rope. Please give me some idea.

Also I have plan for new vehicle like scooter so rider can move faster.

Herc18

That's awesome! Can the new update be added to a save game? Or does it require new colony?
What has been, will be again.

BBream

Quote from: Herc18 on October 03, 2015, 12:17:50 AM
That's awesome! Can the new update be added to a save game? Or does it require new colony?

I don't test it can be but I think it is fine because I didn't change many thing. I think if you engage in black screen then disable all of pawns haul work and save game. Then it might be continued.