BBream

Quote from: Turtle Dude on May 01, 2015, 12:09:32 AM
-snip
Summary
1) Debug
2) Error from hunt jobdriver
3) Backpack

1) Debug
Ok, learning new skill is good. But it is not good idea that paste debug code in every loop. It is brutal force way so it will take long time for achieving your goal. And as I said, it might be not my leak.

2) Error from hunt jobdriver
I have checked my code but I cannot find code related to hunt.

3) Backpack
Colonist not use backpack by themself. It is only used by player. I don't have plan that colonist do haul with backpack. Backpack is for additional equipment and consumable item.

Turtle Dude

Quote from: BBream on May 01, 2015, 12:49:00 AM
3) Backpack
Colonist not use backpack by themself. It is only used by player. I don't have plan that colonist do haul with backpack. Backpack is for additional equipment and consumable item.

Odd because before most of the leak was fixed it seemed that they used the backpack themselves, and if they were say doing a job like building they would store items inside the backpack and take them to the crafting/building place and use them/place them there... Well that just show me you probably fixed a bug without knowing it, or that maybe that was the reason for the massive leak is that they treated the backpack similar to the cargo, I don't know but that is actually really odd now.

Another question, is the slot the backpacks use new, or old? Because I'm wondering if it might just be that the game wasn't really built to handle the inventory space in the equipment of a equipped item. Thus it would create a issue either error, or leak depending on how it's coded.

Foot note, and sadly I can't post on the bug forums due to them not accepting bugs while mods are active stating to post those bugs on the "Mods thread" which like you stated it might be an issue with the game not the code.

BBream

Quote from: Turtle Dude on May 01, 2015, 02:27:14 AM
Quote from: BBream on May 01, 2015, 12:49:00 AM
3) Backpack

Odd because before most of the leak was fixed it seemed that they used the backpack themselves, and if they were say doing a job like building they would store items inside the backpack and take them to the crafting/building place and use them/place them there... Well that just show me you probably fixed a bug without knowing it, or that maybe that was the reason for the massive leak is that they treated the backpack similar to the cargo, I don't know but that is actually really odd now.

Another question, is the slot the backpacks use new, or old? Because I'm wondering if it might just be that the game wasn't really built to handle the inventory space in the equipment of a equipped item. Thus it would create a issue either error, or leak depending on how it's coded.

Foot note, I might just be doing onto the bug forums and see if Tynan might be interested in seeing if it's from his code. Since your mod might have found a future issue with the game.

I'm tired. You have a lot of suspicions with a little clue and knowledge. I have made graph and checked a lot for your suspicion.
Quote from: BBream on April 30, 2015, 01:47:02 AM
2) Check whether game has memory leak after playing long time without this mod.
After checking this and if it has no problem related to this mod, then I'll hand off this leak problem. It is free to you for finding game's leak problem but I don't have expert skill for finding it and I don't want to do it. I may answer about code but not leak without true clue.

Pawn has three data struct for items.
- ThingWithComp Equipment in Pawn_EquipmentTracker
- List<Apperal> Apperals in Pawn_ApperalTracker
- List<Thing> ThingContainer in Pawn_InventoryTracker

Backpack read data from ThingContainer and draw slot with this data. I don't have much to tell you about drawing slot but it is always draw new slot with same resource(item data, texture). I don't know why it request a lot of memory and I don't care it because it is finally collected by Garbage Collecter.

Kubouch

I get this error when using with Pawn state icons. When I disable PSI, no errors. I don't even have to uninstall it, it is enough to disable it by pressing F11.

Otherwise your mod seems to be working fine even with the error, although sometimes a hauler will haul stuff manually instead of using cargo. When I delete the stockpile and create a new one he starts using the cargo again.

Last thing: the mod is awesome! Really reduces the annoying hauling job overhead.

BBream

Quote from: Kubouch on May 02, 2015, 07:54:45 AM
I get this error when using with Pawn state icons. When I disable PSI, no errors. I don't even have to uninstall it, it is enough to disable it by pressing F11.

Otherwise your mod seems to be working fine even with the error, although sometimes a hauler will haul stuff manually instead of using cargo. When I delete the stockpile and create a new one he starts using the cargo again.

Last thing: the mod is awesome! Really reduces the annoying hauling job overhead.

This error is just my mod problem not PSI.
I hope I can fix this error. The error just interrupt colonist's job not break game.
Tynan's answer about this error - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12449.0
But I will try to avoid error message. Thanks for reporting. It is useful.

Hmm... I have heard second problem from bug reporting. Ok, I'll check this problem.

And I'm glad you to enjoy game with this mod.

Killaim

this mod has such potential.

it should definently continue its work on  optimizing.

id even be completely happy with just a 2 slot cargo instead of a 6 slot if that would help with the issues (double haul ? AWESOME)

id also suggest adding a on/off switch on storage piles to say if you allow a cargo to deliver goods to it.

this way you can single out what you want the cargo to work on. (say you just want to focus on collecting rocks) only turn on the rock stockpile cargo use.

would lessen the springing back and forth between stockpiles

Turtle Dude

Quote from: Canute on May 21, 2015, 07:25:26 AM
There is a big problem with the jobgiver when there is any cargo.
Once there is one cargo made, most hauler want one and refuse to haul without one. You notice this that these pawns are idle and wandering around.

Once i deconst. all cargo's, all the hauler do their work and don't stay idle.
Forbiding the cargo don't help, it is the same when you don't have enough cargo's for all hauler.

This bug is caused my game code, or a very small but very hard to located issue that was brought up before. If you forbid all Cargo's your people will go to work like normal, but if one is left allowed to be used they will idle due to this bug.

I forgot which one it was, but either saving and reloading, or restarting your client fixes this issue, allowing them to continue using the Cargo's.

nmid

This is an interesting mod, just need to check if it works with the overhaul mod pack.
I see ninefingers has posted here and there are also some posts about some problems coming up... so guess I'll proceed carefully.

Thanks though, great idea for a standalone mod!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

falcongrey

It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

LustrousWolf

A11 ? And would be useful if you could take off the cargo from a colonist, looks a bit strange if it is stuck to them for the rest of the game >_<

Goldsmyths

Any idea how to summon Tynan here and get him to add this to core?
Hauling is a nightmare in Ice Sheet.

falcongrey

Quote from: Goldsmyths on June 24, 2015, 12:13:12 PM
Any idea how to summon Tynan here and get him to add this to core?
Hauling is a nightmare in Ice Sheet.

I'm sure he already saw this mod before. He is very observant of the released mods I've noticed.

Truthowl

@BBream thanks for making this mod. It's one of my favorites.
--
Truthowl
--
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 45nm Technology
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GA-UD3H (Socket M2)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

falcongrey

I haven't tried this mod with v11 yet. Has anyone tried it to find success or issues?