[A12d] Tools for haul. Animal will help us! V1.5d 22-10-2015

Started by BBream, April 17, 2015, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

BBream i seem to have colonists with 100s of steel and stuff in their backpacks, they never seem to drop all their stuff, known bug?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

BBream

Quote from: skullywag on October 03, 2015, 07:48:44 PM
BBream i seem to have colonists with 100s of steel and stuff in their backpacks, they never seem to drop all their stuff, known bug?

Not really. I'll check it, thanks.

bullet

I think it's because backpack used now for hauling but without verification for WorkGiverDefs or something like that. So when colonists trying crafting\ get meat for training animals\ change outfit etc.  all items going  forever into backpack until it is filled...
I have not tested and I have no experience in the creation of mods, but I think almost guessed the reason)

MindALot

Anyone have a list of what mods this mod is/isn't compatible with?  I tried to patch an existing save file to the latest, and it blew up badly - but even without loading the save file, just loading rimworld resulted in many error messages.  There was a patched version that worked with the overhaul mod - but maybe those changes were made by the modpack maintainer. 

I really like the idea of this mod (backpacks, carts) - but the version I'm currently running is just so bugged I have to manually control the peeps to use the carts, and then lock the carts so they stop randomly displacing the artwork and other odd behaviors.

I'm thinking of building my own list of mods (small scale) until the new gentleman modpack is released - but would like to know what mods work with this one before I attempt it (superior crafting ?)

Thanks for any feedback!

Grogfeld

Great mod and very helpful with combat realism or anything that gives tools but I noticed one problem with saddle. When I put it on any animal it just stay still and do nothing. When I unmounted it, the saddle is now my pawn. Every time I click on it lying on the ground, character chart of that pawn shows up. When I destroy it with dev tools it just delete the saddle and... my pawn :D so Ed colonist icon says now that he is missing.

Now if someone has the same problem than I say this is a bug but I'm using SK Hardcore modpack and I'm aware that this can be compatibility issues.

I'm wondering what will happen when I shoot the saddle? :D

Oh, and I noticed issues with backpack. Pawns just put every item that they want to use on a job and if something interrupt this task they leave those items in backpack for eternity ;)
Cheers!

BBream

Quote from: bullet on October 04, 2015, 08:10:05 AM
I think it's because backpack used now for hauling but without verification for WorkGiverDefs or something like that. So when colonists trying crafting\ get meat for training animals\ change outfit etc.  all items going  forever into backpack until it is filled...
I have not tested and I have no experience in the creation of mods, but I think almost guessed the reason)
Quote from: Grogfeld on October 07, 2015, 05:28:34 AM
Great mod and very helpful with combat realism or anything that gives tools but I noticed one problem with saddle. When I put it on any animal it just stay still and do nothing. When I unmounted it, the saddle is now my pawn. Every time I click on it lying on the ground, character chart of that pawn shows up. When I destroy it with dev tools it just delete the saddle and... my pawn :D so Ed colonist icon says now that he is missing.

Now if someone has the same problem than I say this is a bug but I'm using SK Hardcore modpack and I'm aware that this can be compatibility issues.

I'm wondering what will happen when I shoot the saddle? :D

Oh, and I noticed issues with backpack. Pawns just put every item that they want to use on a job and if something interrupt this task they leave those items in backpack for eternity ;)
Cheers!
It is related to skullywag's report. I can fix this backpack bug. But I need to check what problem saddle has. Thanks for giving hint and report.

Grogfeld

So apparently after reload saddle is a saddle not my Vasalo the Weaver ;) and I can delete it without consequences. I like this concept. If you could fix it it would be amazing to have rino cavalry ;) 

ZeeOvenfresh

"How did you get into my house?"
-Morgan Freeman

omnix32

I don't understand the Mod. No errors, everything worked, as in making the carts and one backpack. My colony though stops hauling items altogether. I can right click and haul it that way, but they go idle unless I send them to an item.

Removing Hauling as any priority will stop them from being idle and go to a work bench or whatever their suppose to do.

Also with the cart they ignore the other items next to the item I send them to.

I was thinking the Mod might make them pick up multiple items, not stop them from Hauling altogether. They just go around with the car and look at clouds, visit graves and do anything else but work.

It could be I am just doing something wrong, but I had to remove the mod.
The concept is cool if I understood how it was suppose to work.

Have fun.

AHare

Quote from: omnix32 on October 11, 2015, 03:26:39 AM
I don't understand the Mod. No errors, everything worked, as in making the carts and one backpack. My colony though stops hauling items altogether. I can right click and haul it that way, but they go idle unless I send them to an item.

Removing Hauling as any priority will stop them from being idle and go to a work bench or whatever their suppose to do.

I was thinking the Mod might make them pick up multiple items, not stop them from Hauling altogether. They just go around with the car and look at clouds, visit graves and do anything else but work.

Have fun.
I've had the same issue actually. I love the idea of the mod, but it seems a bit too buggy or just doesn't work as intended. Seems like after a while with the mod on, all of my colonists refuse to haul unless commanded, even when that's the only job available. Not to mention that even when they do haul it's very spotty - They'll keep something with them or they'll only grab one thing.

BBream

Quote from: AHare on October 11, 2015, 03:30:58 AM
Quote from: omnix32 on October 11, 2015, 03:26:39 AM

Have fun.
I've had the same issue actually. I love the idea of the mod, but it seems a bit too buggy or just doesn't work as intended. Seems like after a while with the mod on, all of my colonists refuse to haul unless commanded, even when that's the only job available. Not to mention that even when they do haul it's very spotty - They'll keep something with them or they'll only grab one thing.
I'm very sorry for that. I'm shameful that the mod still has critical bug even if it released several times. I'm going to start hunting bug. Very sorry and please be patient.

skullywag

Hauler grabbed unfinished item in backpack, didnt drop it, person working on that item now errors with 10 jobs in 10 ticks as he cannot get the unfinished item, related to general backpack bug of not dropping everything everytime.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

BBream

Change Log
  V1.5b
  - Texture is changed. Thanks for sharing it, mrofa!
  - Critical Bug that make colonist idle is fixed.
  - Backpack bug is fixed but need to check it is fine in a lot of case.
  - Code is refined and separated from release mod. You can download code from github.

omnix32

I'll give it another go. Thank you for the quick response.

WHiZ

Are you able to fix the doors getting stuck open when a cart goes through. It happens quite often. Also can you make it where they won't leave a cart in a doorway when they are done hauling? Both of these become major problems with my freezers and it letting the warmer air in. Also when the mod is enabled, having a person selected and then clicking for them to do something say capturing someone etc, the popup menu is lagged in it's appearance..