Sprinkler system to fight fires with

Started by CosmicKobal, April 17, 2015, 12:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicKobal

I like to back my production tables, food machines, coms and solar panels up against walls to provide as much space as possible, but when a fire breaks out, i tend to lose those investments due to not being able to put out the fires in the back tiles. what if there was some kind of 'security' item that would have the same effect in a localized area that a rainstorm does? it could slowly put out any fires that pop up within, say, 5 tiles of itself.

thoughts?

Matthiasagreen

That was a problem in previous alphas, but I am pretty sure the issue has been resolved, because you can walk on everything.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

CosmicKobal

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on April 17, 2015, 03:31:42 PM
That was a problem in previous alphas, but I am pretty sure the issue has been resolved, because you can walk on everything.

As of alpha 10b I still lose those constructions when they catch fire.

Renham

more like sprinkler would like to see a fire extinguisher research upgrade, making colonist be able to put out fires at longer distances and faster, not risking their lives by just punshing the fire to death, also been able to help another colonist when on fire.
if you can imagine it I can build it with pixels.
if I cant well then imagine something else.

KillTyrant

Quote from: CosmicKobal on April 17, 2015, 12:23:33 PM
I like to back my production tables, food machines, coms and solar panels up against walls to provide as much space as possible, but when a fire breaks out, i tend to lose those investments due to not being able to put out the fires in the back tiles. what if there was some kind of 'security' item that would have the same effect in a localized area that a rainstorm does? it could slowly put out any fires that pop up within, say, 5 tiles of itself.

thoughts?
maybe i am being a little too realist for the game, but sprinklers would exacerbate an electrical fire. Much in the same way that if you have your electrically powered workstation outside it would short circuit. Maybe fire extinguisher fixtures?

NephilimNexus

At least I'd like to see stone objects be made fireproof.

"Marble wall is on fire" - WTF?

ORCACommander

I'd like a Halon Gas fire suppression system but i think at this point i would settle for a fire extinguisher.

BetaSpectre

Fire burns too many things that shouldn't be flammable.

Metal = Fire
Solar Panals = Fire
Generators = Fire

Its not melting, its on fire.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO