Rimpeers.com! First Rimworld community!

Started by ezegom, November 20, 2013, 10:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormkiko

I think what Eze is trying to get at is that everything doesn't have to be done on the official site and there can be others. Not to put anything in the spotlight, but one thing I have noticed with the StoneHearth forums is that it is disorganized and highly unappealing. By creating another community it allows for a little more diversity. Ludeon games forums could remain as a dedicated bug reports, suggestions, and general development specific inquiries as it is easy for Ty to monitor them. A new community, however, may branch more into stories, discussions, videos, fan art etc. The more creative aspects of it. I'm not saying it needs to happen or that it should, I'm just saying it may not be a bad idea.

If you want an example, one of my favourite communities is Simtropolis.com. It's a bit different as it covers a series, but it is definitely different from simcity.com which does have its own forums and community. These two co-exist and supplement each other, neither harms the other.

Sure maybe it's a bit early for a branch, but the community will grow rapidly and people need to be open to new ideas and this is a pretty clean one.

Mucephorous

I admire the ambition, however the existing forum is hardly active enough to warrant another.

City Builder

Quote from: Galileus on November 21, 2013, 10:23:47 AM
"Rimmers" is also a term I would rather not hear again :P

I'm scared to think where you might have heard it the first time :P