Enemy apparel gets completely ignored by auto-search

Started by RickyMartini, April 17, 2015, 06:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyMartini

I'm not sure if I should have written this under bugs, or if I want to put it as a question.

I'm pretty sure that my colonists are ignoring apparel made of "cloth".

My colonists search for pants that are above the "poor" quality and have more than 49% of health. So I started noticing that some colonists were wandering around without pants and there were new "superior" cloth pants laying around. As soon as I made another pair of pants with muffalo leather it was picked up. The cloth pants are being ignored in their automatic apparel search.

What did I miss? I can't seem to find the problem.

RickyMartini

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Demoulius

I have noticed that they dont always pick them up when its available. Im not quite sure when they should check for new apparel but sometimes I try to reset the system by making them pick up items and then dumping it again. That seems to enorce a reset.

RickyMartini

Playing today I noticed that the more colonists I got and the bigger the colony got, the apparel searching somehow completely got out of control.

It's easy to spot since in an ideal situation my colonists have to wear 5 things and there are some colonists wandering around without pants or shirts but there clearly are pants and shirts around to use. I don't know what to do right now with so many colonists.

RickyMartini

Maybe my head is playing with me, but could it be that only bought or crafted apparel can be weared? Either way if there is nothing resolved it has to be a bug. Can anyone confirm a similar behavior? Cloth that is ignored?

narrcraft

Quote from: Skissor on April 18, 2015, 10:09:52 PM
Maybe my head is playing with me, but could it be that only bought or crafted apparel can be weared? Either way if there is nothing resolved it has to be a bug. Can anyone confirm a similar behavior? Cloth that is ignored?

I noticed the same thing. Colonist not wearing shields although they should etc. Plus, they don't always adapt to temperature. Not automatically getting out of parkas in summer or switching to dusters etc.

Demoulius

Honestly, ive tried resetting peoples apparal by dropping forced clothes. By making adjustments to the system and the next removing the adjustments. People just wont pick up clothes it seems :(

I checked to see if there were items in my storage that fit the description and requirements and sure enough, there are... Not just cloth but other items as well. I noticed because 3 of my colonist kept the "naked" debuff while I had a storage filled with well maintaned clothes :/

TLHeart

Quote from: Demoulius on April 20, 2015, 12:15:02 AM
Honestly, ive tried resetting peoples apparal by dropping forced clothes. By making adjustments to the system and the next removing the adjustments. People just wont pick up clothes it seems :(

I checked to see if there were items in my storage that fit the description and requirements and sure enough, there are... Not just cloth but other items as well. I noticed because 3 of my colonist kept the "naked" debuff while I had a storage filled with well maintaned clothes :/

do you have in the time management system any do anything time? if not, they colonist will never change cloths automatically, as you have not allowed them the time to do it.

Demoulius

wait...so they only do it during the "any" period of the game? that would explain it...

TLHeart

Quote from: Demoulius on April 20, 2015, 03:14:35 AM
wait...so they only do it during the "any" period of the game? that would explain it...

in my tests yes, changing cloths is not work, or sleep, or joy, so you have to allow some anytime for that action to happen.

mcduff

I have some "anything" time at the beginning and end of the day, and I still find my colonists are pretty arbitrary with their clothing changes.

They all seem to get there eventually - except for hats. Some of them never pick up hats.

PotatoeTater

I've started to notice this. I feel its when the quality is higher than "Good". I usually don't focus on clothing production until I have a really good going colony and I'm just now getting good clothes made. It seems to me that the system doesn't like high quality clothes made out of cloth and ignores that they exist.
Life is Strange

Dave-In-Texas

It has to do with whether there is a 'need'.. like tattered clothing, too hot/too cold.
if not, they work the change in when-ever lol.  it always seems to need to be better quality and better %durability than the current clothing if it isn't a need.  more testing is needed obviously :)

Elfblood

In my current colony they just hardly go and take new clothes.
I use the "anything" default settings for clothes, and had dudes running around naked for months. I have some "not so good" clothes in my storage, but they just ignore it.
Timetable is set to 3h anything each day, so this is not the problem.
For me it just doesnt work right now.
Iam sure I can reproduce this behavior by stripping a enemy and capturing him, recruiting him, he keeps running around naked. Also crash-pod survivalists do.

RickyMartini

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on April 20, 2015, 06:22:50 AM
It has to do with whether there is a 'need'.. like tattered clothing, too hot/too cold.
if not, they work the change in when-ever lol.  it always seems to need to be better quality and better %durability than the current clothing if it isn't a need.  more testing is needed obviously :)

But what if the current one is being naked? He has every apparel available and he doesn't have anything better on himself. That's the problem.