Enemy apparel gets completely ignored by auto-search

Started by RickyMartini, April 17, 2015, 06:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eberkain

Quote from: Elfblood on April 20, 2015, 07:13:32 AM
In my current colony they just hardly go and take new clothes.
I use the "anything" default settings for clothes, and had dudes running around naked for months. I have some "not so good" clothes in my storage, but they just ignore it.
Timetable is set to 3h anything each day, so this is not the problem.
For me it just doesnt work right now.
Iam sure I can reproduce this behavior by stripping a enemy and capturing him, recruiting him, he keeps running around naked. Also crash-pod survivalists do.

I get this same behavior in 10C, its a great idea, just doesn't seem to work as advertised.

RickyMartini

Well, I think I have narrowed down the problem (maybe).

I started a new game in Alpha 10d hoping it was gone, but again after some time, I had 2 new naked colonists with the Anything auto-search and they completely ignored every apparel dropped by enemies.

Anything means they should wear anything they can find. Or I didn't get the new system and they are supposed to ignore enemy apparel. Lets see if it's a bug after I put it on Mantis.   ???

TLHeart

I have also noticed that the pawns refuse to put on any cloths that are below 50% durability, even if the are naked. they will put on awful cloths that have over 50%.

skullywag

If they put "tattered" clothes on theyd have more debuffs than just being naked, im guessing thats why Tynan hasnt let them auto equip anythimg classed as "tattered".
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

RickyMartini

Quote from: skullywag on April 21, 2015, 03:02:49 AM
If they put "tattered" clothes on theyd have more debuffs than just being naked, im guessing thats why Tynan hasnt let them auto equip anythimg classed as "tattered".

I already checked that today, and I have parkas with over 70% health and "good" quality that get ignored too. Many many more cloth like that are ignored in my big colony, maybe because the rest of the clothes are superior or more, I don't really know whats the problem.

DustBust

Its just enemy apparel in general, I have the same issue in in 10 (all versions) I burn all apparel in my stockpiles every now and then and any apparel that is created by hand by my colonists is normally instantly worn if needed.

Not sure if this is a bug or is intended but I basically keep my crematorium at the front of my base with a stock pile set to normal for clothes only, I think adjust the range of the crematorium (to burn clothes) to cover that stockpile only, so when I strip enemies, their clothes go into that stockpile. I then have my tailor bench at another location away from it with its own clothes stockpile set to normal and everything created go right there.

I haven't played long enough to see if this affects "Soldier" setting since you really want them at this point picking up the armor and similar from enemies and not ignoring it. 

I noticed that some "cloth" pants were not being picked up and some were, the rest of the clothes that were created by cloth, the colonists had no issues with.

I would like to see that even if you set to "anything" and "any quality" that there would be a built in default that they still would automatically put on better clothes than what they have if there is better, I think that would take away a lot of this manual intervention. Basically it would be better if they were more smart in dressing themselves but the default outfit selection is nice.

skullywag

Certain apparel have tags on them (soldier etc) and i seem to remember seeing a check for how much the apparels blunt/sharp damage reduction was in terms of working out if its armour or not. So based on that i expect some apparel will simply not be worn by a "soldier".

Also apparel that you want to be worn HAS to be in a stockpile based on the code im reading.

RickyMartini

Hmmm, well all I want is for cloth that has more than 50% of health to be worn that's all. Is this possible now or not?

Because either I'm missing something, or it isn't working atm.

skullywag

2 secs...getting on the train, ill be digging through the code shortly...

skullywag

Ok its simple based on if the apparel is in a stockpile zone and scores better than what they are wearing which is calculated based on warmth, hitpoints and quality. The only other thing is the apparel in question must gain a score over 0.25f to be considered.

Also theres some debug code in here so im guessing theres an option in the dev menu to log this stuff out in realtime.

Tynan

This is on Mantis now so I'm going to work on it from ther.e

May be fixed in an Alpha10 hotfix.

Thanks for reporting.

https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=1760
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog