[WIP](Alpha 10) Pooping mod!

Started by Kirid, April 17, 2015, 07:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirid

I thought this joy system might be the perfect way to introduce toilets.
Not many like the idea of bladder system, colonists having a need to go to the bathroom, too simlish and I agree. At least they can get some joy out of it though.
The current JoyGiver dll I wrote is a bit of a hack job, but it works. As you can see, I didn't put in anything for getting them to face the correct direction yet. They just pick a random direction.
I tried using other JoyGivers but none of them seemed to work for 'Stand on top of object and get joy'. They are all coded for standing around something, at a certain distance, or finding a spot.

Plans:
More textures for side/back toilet
Peeing interaction
Sinks for washing hands
"Poop Hole" for an outhouse

[attachment deleted due to age]
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

mrofa

Hehe nice one mate :D
Finally can delete the toilet from clutter and get yours :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Kirid

Please Do :) I love the simple mods, you know. We've been trying since alpha 2 to make couches and other joy activities viable.
Although, I need Haplo or some other coding guru to make this right.
I was thinking about the coding for 'peeing'. It's going to have to accommodate for male and female colonists (we pee differently :P).
Males will use the "Joygiver_WatchBuilding", while  females will use my code of 'Pee while on' code. I suck a dlls.
<<Drunk, its my birthday!!

mrofa

I did abit of test code for toilet some time ago, but insted of peeing animation, did just added a pixelated pawn texture like in sims ;p
Thrugh i kinda stuck on a way to revert him back and the cloths ^^

You can also think of making a mote that just pop up when pawn is doing his stuff , i think JuliaEllie did it in a mod with a nice tourtial there how to make your own motes.

There might be some other workarouds with this:)
All i do is clutter all around.

eberkain

As deep as the simulation of the colonists is, I have always found it odd that this was ignored. 

skullywag

Ha love this....check on freesounds for toilet noises..if you havent got em already....
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kirid

Quote from: skullywag on April 20, 2015, 12:08:10 PM
Ha love this....check on freesounds for toilet noises..if you havent got em already....
I hadn't thought of that, never used sounds in a mod before.
I'm on it, but not overjoyed at listening to sound clips of people pooping to find the right one >_<

NephilimNexus

In all seriousness, this has a lot of potential once it gets plugged into a tech tree.

Level 1: Wood outhouse.  Has negative mood modifier to anyone who comes within smell range.
Level 2: Basic toilet & sink option.
Level 3: Add showers and bathtubs for better mood boost, temporary reduction in amount of dirt a pawn leaves in their wake.

Then add mood/beauty modifiers based on materials used.  Marble bathtub?  Solid gold toilet?  Why not?

Kirid

Uploaded 0.2 version. Includes the outhouse hole and a shower. Also peeing action.
I changed the joydriver quite a bit, tried to copy from others to get them to face certain directions, didn't work. Doesn't change their behavior at all, but still works exactly the same with no errors. Just trying to flesh out as much of the mod as possible atm, adding textures and items, but the code work is what's really bugging me.
To do:
Textures need work
Write joydriver for peeing, so males stand facing(have that now) but females should sit.
Fix poop joydriver so they face the right direction.
Add sounds

Thanks for the ideas NephilimNexus, I like em! I'll might work out smells later, just negative beauty modifier for now. Next item planned is a sink. Going to have to do some thinking for how a bathtub will work. And I think I'll change the toilets to use the stuff system because a gold toilet is a must have. Research comes last, it's easy to add but makes testing slower.

skullywag

Still no sounds.....i am dissapoint....and drunk. I want poop noises. nar.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

StorymasterQ

Quote from: skullywag on April 22, 2015, 04:01:12 PM
Still no sounds.....i am dissapoint....and drunk. I want poop noises. nar.
Record your own :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Kirid

I couldn't find one that was short enough or not too disgusting. I listened to a lot of pooping but stopped when I read the description of one that someone posted, it said "Actual recording of me pooping, recorded on my iPhone" I'll try again later...
But I'll be satisfied if we can get skullywags poop sounds in game XD

Peppsen

To add hygiene is actually a really good idea, looking forward to the finalized mod! :)

Ykara

That's so awesome. Rimworld is finally complete now. I just hope my colonists don't build up a tolerance for pooping too fast.

Adamiks

I don't know why but shower don't working.