Hey guys- Whats your biggest gripe with this game?

Started by mc858, April 17, 2015, 08:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huyderman

Pawns having so little sense of self-preservation, i.e. they'll run recklessly into to line of fire and get mowed down. This means I have to baby-sit my colonists, and most assaults on the colony are just unsophisticated zerg-rushes.

narrcraft

Quote from: huyderman on April 19, 2015, 11:04:54 AM
Pawns having so little sense of self-preservation, i.e. they'll run recklessly into to line of fire and get mowed down. This means I have to baby-sit my colonists, and most assaults on the colony are just unsophisticated zerg-rushes.

Both of these issues.

Colonist already avoid freezing to death by staying close to warm places. Avoiding getting into the battle zone without my manual interception would be a huge deal.

Also, I don't mind mech zerg rushes, but pirates and other humans should try to stay alive. I really like that many of them now try to get out of the fight once injured. IRL, most battles don't have huge casualty counts. Loosing parties disengage to fight another day rather then dying for the glory of Baal. Also, raiders need goals. Capturing my people or my stuff for instance. Leave the zerg to the machines or crazy animals, or in rare instances, crazy driven tribes/raiders.

BetaSpectre

Lack of world impact and mobility.
Can't use my ships for nothing.
Can't interact with factions themselves. only based on what they do to me.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

linkxsc

Quote from: wakko151 on April 18, 2015, 02:52:51 PM
The item degradation changed screwed up trading for me. I think they should add the ability to have a building around your beacon. Unless someone else knows another way to run your trade. By the time someone comes along that needs what you got, most of what you got has degraded and disappeared. I probably won't check this particular thread again, BUT... if you know a way around it please message me. Stuck at 5 guys because i can't afford to buy slaves.

You can build your trade beacon inside. Only issue is that the center of the room has to have a small + of no roof zone (for receiving).
Also added thing to mention, is if you wall in the beacon and its no roof zone, you can use that to slow raiders down who land in your trading area.
3rd, putting the walls up give you a way to seal "most" of the trade area inside. SO you can refridgerate the area so you can store food/meals for long periods between traders, without spoiling.

robsypes

my biggest gripe is that you can't assign priority to assignments... for example... I want them to build the turret... I right click on the guy, and tell him to priority building turret..

He goes and builds the blueprint, then goes away... I right click on him and tell hiim to build it, he gets material and walks it to it then walks away... I right click on him and tell him to build it he goes and gets more material and then walks away.... I right click on him again... you get the idea...

I would LOVE to just be able to click a button and have my builders rush that item without having to SOOOO micro manage getting those key things built..

I love this game...but DAMN that is annoying.

hyperkiller

Main thing I dislike is when there's constant raids, like every 5 minutes or so, and/or a raid right after the last one just retreated.

Naraku

Quote from: robsypes on April 19, 2015, 06:58:01 PM
my biggest gripe is that you can't assign priority to assignments... for example... I want them to build the turret... I right click on the guy, and tell him to priority building turret..

He goes and builds the blueprint, then goes away... I right click on him and tell hiim to build it, he gets material and walks it to it then walks away... I right click on him and tell him to build it he goes and gets more material and then walks away.... I right click on him again... you get the idea...

I would LOVE to just be able to click a button and have my builders rush that item without having to SOOOO micro manage getting those key things built..

^ This. Also my biggest gripe other then that is that vents are quite underpowered.

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: linkxsc on April 19, 2015, 06:18:33 PM
The item degradation changed screwed up trading for me. I think they should add the ability to have a building around your beacon. Unless someone else knows another way to run your trade. By the time someone comes along that needs what you got, most of what you got has degraded and disappeared. I probably won't check this particular thread again, BUT... if you know a way around it please message me. Stuck at 5 guys because i can't afford to buy slaves.

You can build your trade beacon inside. Only issue is that the center of the room has to have a small + of no roof zone (for receiving).
Also added thing to mention, is if you wall in the beacon and its no roof zone, you can use that to slow raiders down who land in your trading area.
3rd, putting the walls up give you a way to seal "most" of the trade area inside. SO you can refridgerate the area so you can store food/meals for long periods between traders, without spoiling.

Build more than one trade beacon, one inside, one outside.

give the inside one a stockpile holding all the stuff that CAN deteriorate.
give the outside one a stockpile that has all the stuff that cannot.

In a recent alpha 9 gave, i have a third stockpile just for apparel, since raiders leave so much when they die :)

TLHeart

Quote from: linkxsc on April 19, 2015, 06:18:33 PM

Dont need a hole in the roof to trade. You can totally seal in a trade beacon and still sell everything within range of the beacon.

The drop will be outside somewhere close.

Want to control where that drop is, build a beacon outside to control where the drops will be.

TLHeart

Quote from: Dymetreus on April 19, 2015, 07:44:41 PM
Quote from: robsypes on April 19, 2015, 06:58:01 PM

^ This. Also my biggest gripe other then that is that vents are quite underpowered.

Vents are a passive heat/cool exchange, no fan to force the air movement. They were not designed to provide central heat/air.

Negocromn

Quote from: narrcraft on April 19, 2015, 03:40:28 PM
Quote from: huyderman on April 19, 2015, 11:04:54 AM

Both of these issues.

Colonist already avoid freezing to death by staying close to warm places. Avoiding getting into the battle zone without my manual interception would be a huge deal.

Also, I don't mind mech zerg rushes, but pirates and other humans should try to stay alive. I really like that many of them now try to get out of the fight once injured. IRL, most battles don't have huge casualty counts. Loosing parties disengage to fight another day rather then dying for the glory of Baal. Also, raiders need goals. Capturing my people or my stuff for instance. Leave the zerg to the machines or crazy animals, or in rare instances, crazy driven tribes/raiders.

I'm with you. There should be a fear stat for everyone (even your colonists) or at least a morale thingy for raider parties, so when they start to get rekt they break and run or something.

SpaceDrunk

It's mostly just little things here and there, but one thing that has been bothering me a lot recently is the over-prevalence of debilitating ailments among colonists in their 50's. You know, 50's isn't that old, and yet the majority of the ones I get have cataracts in both eyes, bad backs and frail, which pretty much kills their movement speed and their ability to work effectively. I can understand elderly people (say, 65+) frequently suffering from a multitude of conditions like that, but not 50-somethings. Hell, I know a fair number of guys in their 50's who are in better physical condition than people 20 odd years their junior, and how many 50-somethings do you know who are 'frail'?

Gennadios

Both of OP's comments are pretty much my main gripes. I just want a proper end game or infinite play mode.

At the moment, if you keep playing past the point where colony wealth is high enough for a ship, the AI will keep ramping the stakes 'till the end.

Kaballah

It would be nice if there was a "BUILD THIS THING NOW" priority designator yeah.

Kegereneku

I have an hard time understanding those who can't "get thing done fast". My colonist always do so faster than if I micromanaged them, when they don't do it all themselves, one put the layout, the other is already getting the materials. And even when they stop working on it, it usually end up being done when I need it.
Are you sure guy not burying your colonists under a dozens task an expect them to do them sequentially like in more common games ?

Though, about missing priority I missed the ability to order hauling object globally and not on a per colonist basis.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !