Ruined city map

Started by Megfir, April 18, 2015, 02:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megfir

I've enjoyed playing on a map where I made the amount of empty ruins very high creating a kind of ruined city map. Like this: http://i.imgur.com/SH4CmTL.png

You can find the variable in /Mods/Core/Defs/MapGeneratorDefs/MapGenerators.xml line 18. I put it up to 40 to create sparse town ruins. It's too bad Tynan has removed the ability to set the size of the ruined rooms spawning, that was a nice one in a previous version. Or if someone knows where to find that variable, please let me know.

Master Bucketsmith

As disorganised as those buildings are, it's more like a village.

+1 on the idea though, I'd love to see a city version of it with buildings alongside ruined streets. :)

tylers2001

I have to say very cool idea along with the fact that you can demolish some buildings to make a solar farm to power the "city"
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

Rahjital

With some C# modding it should be possible to make it more involved with more complex buildings and perhaps even some stone furniture and such.

killer117

Ruined citys sound cool but id like to go to proper citys and trade and talk and get missions and then pay for accomidation for my team, maybe get my group to have a drunken brawl in a pub, help the city fight of some pirates, go bouty hunting. Id just like to interact with outside groups other than using them as body shields when mechanoids attack
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Toggle

Uh... Killer that would kind of not be rimworld at all xD
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

killer117

Depends imagine if u could visit outworld towns and do all that stuff for extra stuff to do, or increase ur relation with that faction, or get some resources/ silver. Its really just something more to do with other factions
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Havan_IronOak

LOVE the ruined city idea. I could see some buildings sealed up. Who knows what's inside? Steel or gold stores? Spaceship parts or maybe even replacement body parts in some form of cryo-storage that your breaking and entering disrupts? Broken power feeds that might be fixed would be cool as well.  Of course abandoned cities might mean more pirate incursions too.

fsavage

To much c# codes to do that .  :-\
If there was just a map editor that would be easy.

ChiefSlapahoe

Yeah too annoying to be coded, but a map editor would work nicely. Or just someone takes the time to make one in game and shares the save file, although that is not quite the same as you cannot use prepare carefully or have random colonists.

I like the idea though, on a bigger map you could have like the edge of a city that expands into a more farmland/suburb like area. Perhaps even have the mechs own the city, but the city has resources and weapons in it already. Maybe survivors or gangs around the city too in buildings. The combat would be interesting too if you have organized streets and buildings with cover inside to explore.