[L|0.10.780 rev916] Client won't start in Debian Wheezy, GLIBC 2.14+ required

Started by Seppukun, April 18, 2015, 11:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seppukun

Hi all,

I can't get the latest version of the Linux client to run. (0.10.780 rev916). I have made my client executable (chmod +x) but I receive the following error:

./RimWorld780Linux.x86_64: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./RimWorld780Linux.x86_64)
./RimWorld780Linux.x86_64: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./RimWorld780Linux.x86_64)

The  current maintained version of libc in Debian Wheezy is 2.13-38+deb7u8.

This does not appear to be an issue for game clients version 0.9.727 rev29404 and earlier, I can run them all.

Tynan

Can you just update your GLIB?

I actually don't know what any of this means, but I suspect the newest version of Unity wants a newer version of GLIB (whatever GLIB is :p).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Seppukun

Hi Tynan

Thanks for your direct response. I am pretty sure the recent stable version of Debian doesn't support glibc (and libc) above version 2.13. A user (I) can't get the needed GLIBC 2.14 or 2.15 without switching to the testing version of Debian or going quite out of our own way to upgrade libc.

I think Ubuntu users probably don't have this issue, I hope you can understand I don't want to switch/install a new OS as a solution.

Is there any way you could hold off on using the newest version of Unity to generate Linux executables, until Debian moves up to g/e/libc version 2.14+ in the "stable" version of its distro? and use whichever version of Unity you used to make 0.9.727 and earlier, for Debian users?

I understand you have a lot of work to do and little time to do it in, I hope you could accommodate my request, if it's even doable. I'm a long time fan and player. Thanks.

Tynan

Ok thanks for the explanation. Anyway I'm sorry but I can't go back Unity versions to serve this request.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog