[0.10.780] Large Roofed areas counting as unroofed.

Started by Senacharim, April 19, 2015, 02:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senacharim

Rimword, Alpha 0.10.780 Bug showing where "large" enclosed areas (where the graphics show they are roofed) appear in temperature and rollover display.

http://imgur.com/gallery/2mxHjbl

Description: The 'roofed' graphic occurs, the area is occluded from sunlight.  However, upon mouse rollover it is indicated the are is 'unroofed' and the temperatures are the same as outside.

Senacharim

Edit: Upon unloading/reloading save, area then counts as roofed.

Muramas

If a room gets too large the roof can collaps, just put a pillar in the middle and it will fix the roof.

laston

I have the same issue and all roof tiles are within 7 squares of a pillar.

There is a corridor that is only 2 square wide and enclosed on all side that won't roof over.  There is also a large room that goes outside a mountain and inside the mountain that won't enclose.

I've attached a save file showing.

I've tried using the unroof and then remove that. Didn't work.  This appeared after a siege broke the roof.  Reloading does not fix the issue.

[attachment deleted due to age]

harpo99999

I have seen a very similar issue in every alpha so far, and the only way I have found is to devide the area  with walls, doors and vents so that each part of the enclosed area that you want to be roofed is smaller than the max roof area

laston

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

The distance max in A10 is 5; since your room is 11 tall inside the middle cells will be unroofed (though you can't see it in the shadows).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog