How do i restrict faction numbers?

Started by Evul, April 22, 2014, 03:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

How do i make it so a faction only is selected one? A faction never are more then 1 or less then 1 for example?

The arachnids mod sometimes adds 2 arachnide faction and that is not working as intended.

pidggit

From what I can tell, it's hardcoded to just randomly select from the FactionDefs.

public static Faction NewGeneratedFaction()
  {
    return FactionGenerator.NewGeneratedFaction(DefDatabase<FactionDef>.GetRandom());
  }

Which surprises me, as I usually see 2 Pirate factions, 1 or 2 Tribal Factions and 1 or 2 Outlander Factions.

I can't seem to find any weighting options to push the Faction Selection to this pattern though.

Tynan

I'll add more options to determine how factions are initialized.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ItchyFlea

I'm curious about this as well. Specifically I'm after having just a single faction be present when the game starts. At the moment the game generates 3 factions containing the only faction I've left in the game.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Evul

Quote from: Tynan on April 22, 2014, 08:50:36 PM
I'll add more options to determine how factions are initialized.

that whould be nice :)

RickyMartini

Reviving this thread, so after that many months, where do I have to look for to restrict the game to only select 1 enemy faction? Specifically if the only selected faction is a custom one?

Edit: Please please let the answer be that it's only a matter of editing XML files. :')

RickyMartini

skullywag

If hes done this its in a11 either way youll have to wait.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

mipen

Quote from: Skissor on May 05, 2015, 07:30:01 PM
Reviving this thread, so after that many months, where do I have to look for to restrict the game to only select 1 enemy faction? Specifically if the only selected faction is a custom one?

Edit: Please please let the answer be that it's only a matter of editing XML files. :')
Try take a look at the mechanoid or spacer factions, they are hidden factions but there must be something that makes only one of them