0.10.783 Television Graphical Error - Savegame requested by Tynan!

Started by PotatoeTater, April 21, 2015, 09:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PotatoeTater

Televisions will read Television x18 when installed forward-facing left on occasion.
Life is Strange

Tynan

Can't repro. Got a screenshot? Are you using mods? Can you reproduce this effect with a series of steps?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Maragnus

I've experienced this too with a west facing television in 780.  But it doesn't show the x18 when I loaded my save in 785.

Tynan

Can someone at least take a screenshot of this?

lied_ohne_worte

Mine's facing North and saying x14, but I guess it's better than nothing. ;-) I had this once before in another save, but can't remember where the TV faced too, or the number. In both saves, the phenomenon went away on saving and relogging, but it consistently happened each time I was clicking the TV before the reload.

Version: 0.10.785. I do not use any mods.

Tynan

Whoa! If you could upload a save game I'd be appreciative. Just zip the map and world files together.

Tynan

Can anyone post a save+world file with this? I need one!

Tynan

RickyMartini

I saw this today, wanted to upload the safe file but it vanished on reload. Dafug?

Tynan

If you had a save from before that'd be best. Maybe one with the trader who has the TV.

If it repros, at least.

RickyMartini

Only the same safe file hours after. And without repro.

Edit: But I'm using it with edb interface and Pawns Icon mod, that's also why I didn't write it here at first.

lied_ohne_worte

Sorry, hadn't checked back until now, seems I didn't subscribe to the thread. Don't think I have the originally posted screenshot's save any more, but I now have another game where I placed a TV just now, and it did the same thing, this time with "x8". Seems like it does it when the TV is newly placed until I reload the game, at which point it doesn't occur any more.

I'm sorry to say that I don't have a pre-placement save with the trader; the autosave before it doesn't have the trader yet. In this save the TV is already bought and placed, but the trader I got it from can still be contacted, if that is any help. TV's in the eastermost room with the billiard table; when I reload the save, the odd "x8" isn't there any more.

I'll see if I can replicate it with the next trader that has a TV.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tynan

OK please do let me know!

If you want you can turn on dev mode, hit / to open the debug actions and hit "replace all trade ships" until one arrives with a TV.

lied_ohne_worte

There's a trader here where it happened too, save from before it did.

Steps: I bought the TV (lucky I still had that AI core to get the funds, hehe). Then as soon as it came down, I clicked it, did the placing thing. Once it was placed, I clicked it. This time it said "x7". What's really strange though is that I reloaded the game, tried it *again*, doing the same steps as well as I could, and it didn't show the number. Reproducing this seems to be quite hard.

Naturally it doesn't impair my enjoyment of the game at all, it's just one of those strange things.  ;)

[attachment deleted due to age]

RickyMartini

YES. It happened. It shows me Television x4.

What should I do now? Giving you the savefile results in nothing. I can record a video, but don't really know what to show you?

I'll just continue playing for now....