Low Priority Stock Re-organization

Started by Matthiasagreen, April 22, 2015, 09:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthiasagreen

Since the new stockpile mechanics, the pawns are generally good about filling-up partial stacks before starting another, though it isn't perfect. I recommend that a job withing hauling be created with a lower priority than actually hauling that simply reorganizes the stockpiles to combine any partial stacks and free up room. This mostly has to do with meals, as I generally have several partial stacks of meals.

Also, as a second idea, if pawns could try to choose partial stacks to use up before full stacks that would be great. That pile of 12 squirrel meat in the back corner is taking up precious room that my extra stacks of 75 potatoes could use.

Maybe part of the reorganization of stockpiles could include putting partial stacks towards the edges of the stockpiles, where they would more likely be used.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Kegereneku

I heavily support this idea I kind of hinted at the last time we discussed it.

I would call it the "must stack" job. Low priority, a colonist would scan the stockpile and stack anything that can be stacked.
Myself I wouldn't really need more.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here