[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Started by Kegereneku, April 23, 2015, 06:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

To be honest nofear, some of these, while cool, would have a numbingly low variety....we need far, far more events before my suggestions would be worthwhile
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Vaperius

CODENAME : The Corpse Bearer
Defining attribute : The Corpse Bearer greatly enjoys spreading death, and chaining events that result in large amounts of corpses being strewn across the map.
Description :  The Corpse Bearer's pure focus is mood debuffs, resource denial and strife. Initially the events it rolls out will be simple, random animals will have heart attacks, berserk animals that hunt other animals as well as your colonists will appear occasionally, and early raids will always be occupied by a minor incident. However; the Corpse Bearer is true to its namesake and will attempt to kill your colonists by starving them by causing frequent cold snaps, and map wide events that threaten any plant life on the map. Its ultimate goal is to force your colony to be cannibals, devouring the fallen of visitors and raiders alike to sustain your colony. It will also drive your colonists mad indirectly by causing incidents that kill off visitors,animals and even raiders, turning the land around your colony into a barren wasteland bathed in blood, as well as wreathed in bone and rotting flesh. Colonies will quickly become hellscapes upon which your colonists will reign supreme or die if they fail.
I remain Vigilant.

Kegereneku

Quote from: Nofear001 on April 14, 2016, 10:09:06 PM
Why are these not in the game yet?!
+1

Because this topic is only 2 pages long. Also, along EVENTS you can say that you need a lot of "features" and "gameplay mechanic" integrated first.

Quote from: mumblemumble on April 14, 2016, 11:33:29 PM
To be honest nofear, some of these, while cool, would have a numbingly low variety....we need far, far more events before my suggestions would be worthwhile

I invite you to up the topic about all Event (my contribution is here) that Tynan himself said was a gold mine and added some. (I suppose he still need to add features first)

Also, I'll be adding your first idea to the first page. (the other is good too but I'm looking for Primal model)

Quote from: Vaperius on April 15, 2016, 12:55:48 AM
CODENAME : The Corpse Bearer
Defining attribute : The Corpse Bearer greatly enjoys spreading death, and chaining events that result in large amounts of corpses being strewn across the map.
[...]

From what I read this is a mix between "Helen Hunger" and "Moddy Maddox", I think it's worth it's declination, though, to me the "cannibal goal" should be more optional, plus "spit every against each other".

Finally I suggested something inspired from it, that's a little specific to put in the first topic though, I might move it here.
  • CODENAME : Gothic Gwen Inspired by Vaperius
    Defining attribute : Death happen, a lot
    Description : "Life is ephemeral, everything that live is bound to die".
    In short you'll be going through pawns and animals a lot more faster than usual, trying to keep a particular one alive will be a constant race against The Grim Reaper.

Options : Difficulty & whether or not a Grim Reaper appear near cursed characters

"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)

b0rsuk

So most of these have been rendered obsolete by the Scenario system. But Tony Troller is a good name and there are some nice ideas in there. And no, don't give me credit for Cheating Charlie. It was smartbombradio from Steam forums. I just came up with the name Bullshit Bill and a few more ideas.

winddbourne

I like Daniel and Herman, but a lot of the others seem poorly fleshed out or just plain masochistic. The problem though isn't what I like . . . it's that no matter how many different options we come up with there really isn't a way to vote and let Tynan easily see what sort of story tellers we want.

Also some of the ideas seem to need more game development to really make them "fun" . . . Ghengis would be very interesting IF we had more options for defense. Fences, sandbags (that don't require steel!), different types of Turrets, patrols of guards/trained animals . . .

Kegereneku

Well, it require some rewording but themed storyteller would actually work VERY well along the Scenario system.
Why ? Because the Scenario only give a starting point and force/forbid events. Whereas Storyteller decide which events are spawned and a logic to follow (games differ between Randy, Phoebe or Cassandra).

To give example :
Tribes scenario + Robin Robinson = increased population cap (which is around 15 for any stock-storyteller)
Tribes scenario + "Kagunda Kikuyu" (the one that was originally Tribal for me) = reworded...let's say more "natural" events.
Rich Explorer scenario + Ghengis Game = You may start out as an explorer, but the story will aim toward making you fight a lot.
Tribes scenario + Desolate Daniel = event focused on you versus nature, not raid

Quote from: winddbourne on August 04, 2016, 12:06:08 AM
I like Daniel and Herman, but a lot of the others seem poorly fleshed out or just plain masochistic. The problem though isn't what I like . . . it's that no matter how many different options we come up with there really isn't a way to vote and let Tynan easily see what sort of story tellers we want.

Also some of the ideas seem to need more game development to really make them "fun" . . . Ghengis would be very interesting IF we had more options for defense. Fences, sandbags (that don't require steel!), different types of Turrets, patrols of guards/trained animals . . .

I know what you mean but... Do a game REALLY NEED to be fully configurable to be "better" ? Sometime you only need a few rough direction, and finding those is the idea of this topic.

For example : Genghis don't need to be a full wargame, it only need to give player who want more combat related events what they want. So that a mods to adds weapon/trench/etc will not have to modify the Storyteller as well (of course it doesn't mean modding your own storyteller isn't allowed).

On this... I'll start rewording the Original Post... DONE.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)