[MOD] (Alpha 9) NAPPA-Leather crafting and apparel (v1)

Started by Saularian, March 31, 2015, 07:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saularian

NAPPA-leather crafting

Your leather apparel needs it!!!

As I always seemed to come short when creating apparel from leather, but have multiple stacks of different types, I thought maybe it would be easier to combine these different leathers into one "generic"  type of leather...

BEHOLD! ZE NAPPA!
So hence I made this small mod that adds a couple of things that could make your colonists lives a bit easier:
- A Nappa crafting table, so you can craft it

- 3 apparel recipes for the tailoring bench to use this new leather (or any other textile)

(Need to tweak those textures a bit, they can sometimes still seem a bit off...)

- 3 recipes for the smelter to create metals that have actual armoring properties

- 2 recipes in which you could utilize these metals (and a bit of nappa)

- Added bonus: I also added a more economic research console and comms-station so they actually fit in a room! (As opposed to fitting a room around them...)

Research Console

Comms

I tried to keep it as ballanced as possible in stats and market value: If any of you have any remarks, requests, questions or advice, please do let me know what you think :) as this is going to be part of a bigger mod that I'm working on. Currently working on some textures for more armors like the death adder PA and the fire-ant PA and adding NAPPA lined with metal so it inherits the metals armor capability, and some more recipes to use it in like new prosthetics and apparel, and probably some weaponry to counter these armors and apparels...

Also, this mod should be compatible with anything else that is out there, but if by some coincidence you encounter any bugs or whatsoever, just let me know about it

Author/Mod Team
That would be me! Saularian

Download
DROPBOX

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

InfiniteRemnant

Can we get a screenshot of the resized workstations?

Saularian

Added some screenies (not my best paint.net job, but was in a hurry... will polish it up a bit when I can get to it :P)

Tesak

rditto48801

One thing I had noticed is the Skinmask apparently doesn't cover anything according to its info screen. Not even the head.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

Saularian

Quote from: Tesak on April 06, 2015, 12:12:22 AM
Looks like a BDSM SWAT force

Not really my intention to make em look like gimp's  ;D

Quote from: rditto48801 on April 06, 2015, 12:43:35 AM
One thing I had noticed is the Skinmask apparently doesn't cover anything according to its info screen. Not even the head.
That's due to the fact that the head has got only one layer (overhead) and if there would be an overlap with another piece, it would unequip the other. I could make it Fullhead, but then you would not be able to equip a helmet on top of it, as there would allready be something in that spot.

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Now all that's needed is a braided whip.

Then my ultimate pain and pleasure siege-breaker force will be complete.

Dragoon

Will you be updating to alpha 10? (I love dis mod!)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.