How do you get colonists to upgrade to better apparel?

Started by nuschler22, April 24, 2015, 07:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

If I have a colonist wearing a poor t-shirt, for example, and there is good one in better condition available, is there a way to get them to automatically upgrade?

I realize that you can set the qualities, but often times I wont have those and they will only wear the quality selected and above.  But if one comes available that is better, I'd like them to automatically upgrade.

Maybe I'm just missing a setting.

Tynan

In your game folder, open Version.txt. If it doesn't end in rev1115, you'll want to update.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

nuschler22

Quote from: Tynan on April 24, 2015, 07:34:22 PM
In your game folder, open Version.txt. If it doesn't end in rev1115, you'll want to update.

Mine is 1116.  Where do I get 1115?  Also, it says everything is up to date.

0.10.785 rev1116

Tynan

Sorry I meant 1116.

In that case they should upgrade their gear if they're allowed to, their current gear isn't forced, and the new gear is better and in a stockpile.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

nuschler22

Quote from: Tynan on April 24, 2015, 07:40:47 PM
Sorry I meant 1116.

In that case they should upgrade their gear if they're allowed to, their current gear isn't forced, and the new gear is better and in a stockpile.

Maybe I wasn't giving them enough time.  I'll check it out and see if they are updating.  Thanks for the quick reply. 

RickyMartini

If the health of the shirt they are wearing isn't low enough they will not change it just for something of better quality. At least that's how I understood the mechanic.