Your ship just crashed.

Started by TheSilencedScream, April 24, 2015, 09:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSilencedScream

You and two of your friends - in your current health and skill level - have crashed, just like vanilla game, in your average boreal forest. No mods, no variations, same starting gear and resources as vanilla game.

1.) What use are you?
2.) How long do you foresee your group surviving?
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Listy

Killed in the first 24 hours by a rabid hare I'm afraid.

Kegereneku

Okay, I'm a young boy who can't cook for his life, I can haul thing but I'm mortally allergic to everything. My Research skill in aeronautic is around 7, I'm "too smart" and probably psychically dull but also slothful.

I foresee our group surviving until the very moment the spaceship launch, but we don't make it to space only the afterlife, as do everything living 10km around the launch pad.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

TheSilencedScream

Personally...

I can hunt, but I have no knowledge of what's okay to cook and eat and what isn't (though, fortunately, one of my friends likes to hunt and make deer jerky regularly). I work at a handyman's store, so I've got a little woodworking know-how.

Survival-wise, I'd imagine we could actually do pretty well. The two people I imagine (along with myself) all like to go camping and such, so we'd fare okay in that regard... but when it came to electricity, fixing clothing, or cooking anything more complex than meat or stew, that's where the line would be drawn. We know nothing of electrical currents, conducting electricity, or trying to manage it.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Benny the Icepick

1.) What use are you?
I emit a psychic drone that steadily increases, first driving the local animals mad and then inducing psychosis in the colonists who crashlanded before me.

Depends.  Are either of my two friends equipped with an inferno cannon?

Turps

With no internet connection I reckon quite a lot would get done, Hops would be planted with in the first week and I'm not working Sat or Sun Period!
Its not a battle unless some limbs are getting shot off!

RickyMartini

1.) What use are you?

I'm scared of fires. I didn't study medicine. I have no experience as a warden. I can't cook. Im not a construction worker. I cant craft anything and I buy my clothes. I'm not a gardener and I'm not a blacksmith. I can't even draw. I can clean and haul but I'm slow at this. I'm not a scientist so I can't research.

Since my only "checked boxes" would be hauling, cleaning and being a patient my friends would probably euthanize me. :P

Silvador

1) I immediately look for a way to pause time so that I may plan a colony layout of structures, farming and defenses... then realise this is real life and panic.

2) Maybe a day? Probably more after I stupidly get myself killed.