Rain less wet than it used to be?

Started by ChimpX, April 23, 2015, 05:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChimpX

Is it just me, or is rain not putting out fires any more?

This seems to be the case in 10e, though it may have started in 10d.

TLHeart

update to 10f, 10e was a very short tune release, more info at devblog.

ChimpX

Looks like that hotfix corrected it.

Awesome! That was really hampering my rainy-day boomrat slaughterfests.

Thanks TLHeart (& Tynan, naturally).

darkrage000

"Optimized fire significantly"
I'll say...
under 10f, a fire near my colony stockpile and members ran to fight it. it was about 4x6 in size. 8 colonists fighting it couldnt stop it, thye just caught on fire themselves and started wandering around a bit, then died. i turned the rain on but it didnt do anything.
I finally used God mode to form a granite wall perimeter around it and removed the roof.
let it sit for about 10 minutes keeping the rain going but the fire kept blazing away.
i then reloaded to an earlier save of the fire and turned off damage and colonist damage and let them try, but they would still catch on  fire and walk off till the fire on them went to '100%' and disappeared (being not able to take damage they didnt die) then they go back to trying to fight the fire but its just a 'rinse and repeat' and not affecting the fire as it gets bigger (with rain going also)

i restarted the map and later had a fire in my freezer and again the colonists did the same as above.

but the fire didnt cause and lag, so that was a plus :)

ascdren

Quote from: darkrage000 on April 24, 2015, 12:35:36 PM
"Optimized fire significantly"
I'll say...
under 10f, a fire near my colony stockpile and members ran to fight it. it was about 4x6 in size. 8 colonists fighting it couldnt stop it, thye just caught on fire themselves and started wandering around a bit, then died. i turned the rain on but it didnt do anything.
I finally used God mode to form a granite wall perimeter around it and removed the roof.
let it sit for about 10 minutes keeping the rain going but the fire kept blazing away.
i then reloaded to an earlier save of the fire and turned off damage and colonist damage and let them try, but they would still catch on  fire and walk off till the fire on them went to '100%' and disappeared (being not able to take damage they didnt die) then they go back to trying to fight the fire but its just a 'rinse and repeat' and not affecting the fire as it gets bigger (with rain going also)

i restarted the map and later had a fire in my freezer and again the colonists did the same as above.

but the fire didnt cause and lag, so that was a plus :)

You sire you're runn8ng 10f and not 10e? 10e improved performance but made fire immortal, 10f fixed that

darkrage000

only alpha 10 version i have downloaded is 10f (785mac)