[Mod Request] Gun/Armor crafting

Started by Aarkreinsil, April 25, 2015, 02:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aarkreinsil

Hey there, I'm looking for a rather basic mod that lets me craft guns and armor, obviously.
I've looked through the mod list, but everything I find or had in earlier alphas seems to be out of date and/or discontinued. The thing is, I don't want a huge, total conversion mod with factions and an entirely new techtree. That would just break most of my other mods again x_x

Just maybe a few new researches, 2-4 new workbenches for guns (up to assault rifles) and kevlar armor+helmets etc. would be nice.
If the mod would include high-end things like power armor and charge rifles, that would be awesome of course, but I know it's hard to balance that kind of thing, so anything goes, really.

Thankies~

killermen962

Maybe to craft some of these higher up stuff, it would require new materials such as plasteel being fabricated into plates?
Maybe just add abit more crafting diversity for a mod like this :P

skullywag

check my modpack out, im still forming it al together and getting the thread full of all the info and stuff but it has craftable armour (using the stuff system, so plasteel powerarmour, uranium vests etc..), weapons im not sure on but im thinking on it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Aarkreinsil

Yeah like some of the others who use a mixture of plasteel, gold, silver, maybe even devilstrand to make something like kevlar.
I know there might be something like this already out there, but either it's just too big with new minerals, new worldgen stuff and factions etc. or it's just named so obscure that I can't seem to find it.

The gunsmithing mod sadly doesnt work for me, might have to be updated to alpha 10.
Never got Aparello to function either...

Oh, alright, didn't know that you had separate little pieces, I usually don't pay that much attention to packs, since they modify so much xD
I'm especially fond of the stun stuff, would love to be able to make some tazers and stun guns. Killing people isn't always what I want.