[Mod Request] New Deepdriller equivalent

Started by Aarkreinsil, April 25, 2015, 03:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aarkreinsil

Another request I have, is a new machine that you can set down and that starts mining ores for you, just like the old deepdriller that sadly was removed from the MMS mod. Preferably without a huge total conversion modpack tacked on top that completely changes the rest of the game and breaks all of my other mods.

Since it has been removed I only play on mountainous maps, it's just so annoying to play on flatland maps where you sometimes don't even get ANY plasteel/gold/uranium etc. deposits. Not to mention that it's harder already since artillery shells can easily whack your roof in.

Of course it can be reaaally expensive in terms of power consumption and maintenance need, which was really nice in the deepdriller mod. You constantly had to make and replace the drill bits, pipes and have people haul away the products.

And I can't rely on traders either, they either don't show up when I need them or don't have steel, or only very little of it.

soltysek

TheLittleMod will bring them back soon , im working on it right now . But it will be differend then minning & c.o. . I hope better :)

killermen962

How about maybe something a bit lowtech? like have a mine shaft which requires 1 colonist and maybe up to 6 to work for minerals, you can have them look for a certain mineral only but will likely bring back some other materials as well. Maybe it can be placed on a node that can be found while mining?

Aarkreinsil

Exactly, something like a quarry would be nice as well, you designate a spot, it takes a huuuuuge amount of work to set up and then you throw people at it to mine for stuff. Maybe something like a quarry for stone blocks, a mine shaft entrance for ores, and then higher tier machinery to automate the process.

I'm a sucker for bionic engineering and surgery mods, and those often require gold etc. which I havent seen on a trade ship in ingame YEARS, so I'd love to be able to produce those things myself.

soltysek

My mod modifiy little ore base we add 4 new basic ore and modifi 2 > we add 4 adv ore and 10 alloy + 4 adv alloy so ouer deep driler need to work with it :)

mipen

My mod Mechanical Defence 2 has an Ore extractor in the industry module which automatically mines ores from the ground

Aarkreinsil