Sorting in grids

Started by isistoy, April 25, 2015, 05:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isistoy

Hi again,

Could the Overview Grids (Work, Timetable, Outfits) be sortable by any columns (Name only in the Timetable), in the future?
It would help when quickly going into reallocating skill priorities.

Best,
isis
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Hoshizora

Could you use a few more words to describe what you want to see changed? I can't figure out what you want to happen.

isistoy

Sure:

Let's look at the Work grid (the skills matrix 2d table), with Fire, Cooking, etç... as columns and colonist name as lines: clicking on the column label of any skill or on the "Name" column label (we don't have one for this first column) would sort the complete table by this skill's importance (or alphabetically if clicking the "Name" one).

Kegereneku

I think I see what you meant.
Clicking on a work type and showing which colonist is the best for it could be interesting, if you have a lot of colonist surely.
Myself I wouldn't use the feature, I try to remember how frequent/long a job is and avoid overworking my best colonist unless I have some project I want them on.

Aside : note that the work grid is also order (horizontally) by the order of priority (firefighting get done before cleaning), so it might no be easy.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

isistoy

It would mostly be used to sort consult - select - change priorities of the selected. It would certainly be some sort of "comfort" feature.
I know grid-views can implement such features in programming, but in the case of this game, I don't know how hard that would be and is a graphical change (new sorting behavior actions to add to the graphical interface, etç...)