[POLL][Mod Idea] RimBuy Player to Player Market place

Started by soltysek, April 26, 2015, 03:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you like to trade with other players?

Yep! great idea.
Maybe i do not know.
No!.

soltysek

Hey .

I'v run some test and :
It's posible to make an auction house or market place P2P easy and fast . It will work even when you are offline via auction house server it will support reserch system or/and with ship system ( new one that we design in TLM ) and it can be compatibile no mather whot mod you have install ( it will show only item avable to your mod config ). In my imagination it will work like this that you will need to research small ship then build it and using this ship you will send your pawn with cargo to orbital trade center after some upgrade you will unlock more cargo space ship speed etc. ofc goodes alweys come with price so every flight will cost something fuel or cash depend. Idea is open So if you have any idea i'm open to hear them and say if you will like it at all or not  .
In my opinion it will open road to more adv mod systems and more much more dificult and game long play modification where you need to achive some dificult task .

Aarkreinsil

It's possible? Easy and fast too? Then go ahead and do it o~o

It would be way too easy to infinitely dupe stuff with this, though. You could just load a save, basically GIVE all your stuff to another player, then load the save again and repeat.

soltysek

Yes i see your point but ther are ways to limit it like min price limit for item . You can also make a "time" limit if you log from colony name "tratalalal" and year 5123 then when you log again from year 5122 system decide that its a back game load and block trade until minimum day after last log if you know whot i mean . Theres alveys  "CracK" for everything .

With this project i wait for your opinion and until final realse of LTM Mod which take my time right now .
How easy it is just a SQL query on a Building EType , or thru Unity Net to server (more secure but more dificult ) .

sky

I think u have no idea how difficult networking is. Nonetheless (Orbital) Trading System as first sign of implementing multiplayer to Rimworld seems to be a good idea, but not in a way u described it due to too big ability to cheat.

Jaxxa

I don't know if it will help or not, but feel free to look at the code for the Stargate in my mod.
It takes items that you add to a building and then writes it out into a separate file using the built in save / load mechanic.