Dealing With Incapacitated Guests?

Started by DeltaV, April 26, 2015, 11:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaV

So recently in one of my Rimworld games, I had visitors from two hostile tribe at once, and didn't notice the fighting going on outside my walls until three people were nearly dead. So, being the good person I am, I had my colonists go and collect these maimed people, patch them up and send them on their way. The issue is, one of them actually ended up having their leg cut off, and so they're stuck lying in my medical bed and mooching off my food. I can't seem to access an operations tab for guests to install a peg-leg or what-have-you. Is my only option to stop giving him food and let him starve?
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Daman453

I think you might be in alpha 7? It's in health, You should be able in alpha 8 9 and 10 install pegs legs.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

DeltaV

Quote from: Daman453 on April 26, 2015, 12:19:00 PM
I think you might be in alpha 7? It's in health, You should be able in alpha 8 9 and 10 install pegs legs.

I'm not in Alpha 7. The operations tab shows up just fine for my colonists and prisoners, just not the rescued guests.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

RickyMartini

If I remember correctly you can't operate on guests, so you have to feed him until people from his own faction come to visit you again. Then they will take the wounded back home.

Demoulius

"accidentily" locking the room so they cant reach him to feed him might work as well  ;)

Not sure if that counts as murder though?

milon

That's definitely not murder. Totally an accident!  :)

Mikhail Reign

Benny the Icepick

DeltaV

Yep, the next time the faction came to visit they picked him up. And good timing, too, because I stopped feeding the guy after a couple of days and he had nearly died of starvation.