Second wind colony

Started by Littlemule, November 23, 2013, 04:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Littlemule

Quote from: Mazhon on November 23, 2013, 02:50:13 AM
Howdy.
So my colony got killed on like day 20, but I thought it would be interesting to see what would happen if I just kept on going for as long as it was still interesting. It's now day 52, and raiders have shown up, kept burning my ruins, and left. Travellers have walked on past, and crashed survivors have just died out in the wild.

I was reading a post from Mazhon and I thought that once a colony was overrun and burnt out by raiders that any lone drifters that wandered through could resettle the left over ruins....or another take on it could be you start another colony roll three new colonists and the back story is the same but the three crash survivors wander around first then stumble on the ruin

The beginning caption would read instead of "you wake to the sounds of tearing metal....." but instead "upon waking to flashing lights and sounding sirens your ship begins to brake apart in orbit and you escape with some fellow passengers, you have been wandering around for countless days now and after following a stream of smoke on the horizon you have chanced on a failed settlement of what seems to be survivors of your ship !!!"

also there could be some left over pistols or a shotgun and dead colonist bodies here and there

I'd like to play this scenario anyone else :)

Mazhon

Funny that you quoted me on that, cause I actually posted on the module thread this exact situation.
Hope it's added! +1

apljee

todofwar

This has come up a couple times, I will still put in a vote for it. Though I think there needs to be a few more end game things to make a fully functional colony interesting. In some games, I feel like my work was unfinished. In others, all this would accomplish is give me a massive cleanup and repair job.

starlight

Quote from: Littlemule on November 23, 2013, 04:18:37 AM
Quote from: Mazhon on November 23, 2013, 02:50:13 AM
Howdy.
So my colony got killed on like day 20, but I thought it would be interesting to see what would happen if I just kept on going for as long as it was still interesting. It's now day 52, and raiders have shown up, kept burning my ruins, and left. Travellers have walked on past, and crashed survivors have just died out in the wild.

I was reading a post from Mazhon and I thought that once a colony was overrun and burnt out by raiders that any lone drifters that wandered through could resettle the left over ruins....or another take on it could be you start another colony roll three new colonists and the back story is the same but the three crash survivors wander around first then stumble on the ruin

The beginning caption would read instead of "you wake to the sounds of tearing metal....." but instead "upon waking to flashing lights and sounding sirens your ship begins to brake apart in orbit and you escape with some fellow passengers, you have been wandering around for countless days now and after following a stream of smoke on the horizon you have chanced on a failed settlement of what seems to be survivors of your ship !!!"

also there could be some left over pistols or a shotgun and dead colonist bodies here and there

I'd like to play this scenario anyone else :)

+1