Floors

Started by todofwar, November 25, 2013, 03:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

todofwar

So, any reason to choose one type over another? Carpet doesn't seem to do much in terms of beautifying a room and is expensive. Smoothed stone and metal are the only ones that work really well. I never use concrete or anything besides metal tiles cause I just don't see a point. Any thoughts?

Wopian

Carpet and smooth stone gives the most happiness I believe. Tiled, concrete and dirt/sand floors give negative happiness when inside.

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

todofwar

That's why I always opt for smoothed stone when building underground. Also is one more benefit to underground bases. Above ground I only go with metal tile because it doesn't have a negative impact and I think it does provide a modest beauty benefit.

ShadowDragon8685

I use smooth stone underground, except for sleeping areas (which get smoothed, then carpeted blue), and "Government" areas (armories, canteens, the comm room, prisons, steam rooms, etcetera,) which get red. Green is for the grow rooms, naturally. :)
Raiders must die!

Dragula

Paved tile for outside areas. Metal tiles for the armory, general hallways and utility rooms.
Blue carpet for the hallways in the bedroom section, with green or red for the bedrooms including the prison. Green is also for growing pot.... uh food.
Sometimes i use carpet to write a message for the raiders on the pavement :)

EarthyTurtle

I use concrete to outline my base and stop fires spreading. I generally i don't care about what I use for the outside.

todofwar

Quote from: TinnedEpic on November 25, 2013, 07:50:29 PM
I use concrete to outline my base and stop fires spreading. I generally i don't care about what I use for the outside.

Yeah, that's why I only use metal tile. In one mouse motion I designate a whole area.

kidak

Quote from: todofwar on November 25, 2013, 09:29:22 PM
Quote from: TinnedEpic on November 25, 2013, 07:50:29 PM

Yeah, that's why I only use metal tile. In one mouse motion I designate a whole area.

I also use metal tile to outline my base and any areas i deem a fire hazard to help prevent fires from spreading.

British

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 25, 2013, 05:35:47 PM
[...] (which get smoothed, then carpeted blue) [...]
Does it give any benefit I'm not aware of, over using carpet from the get-go ? ???

Yolopanther

I use carpet and metal tiles in my base. Concrete goes in the mining shafts so people can move faster as well as in the 'maintenance corridors' that divide the power grid of my base (there may have been some inspiration from Space Station 13 in that).

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: British on November 26, 2013, 04:18:16 AM
Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 25, 2013, 05:35:47 PM
[...] (which get smoothed, then carpeted blue) [...]
Does it give any benefit I'm not aware of, over using carpet from the get-go ? ???

It gives the mooks who smooth it over some extra construction experience. That's about it, but it makes me feel better.
Raiders must die!

murlocdummy

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 26, 2013, 10:26:01 PM

It gives the mooks who smooth it over some extra construction experience. That's about it, but it makes me feel better.

If it increases ShadowDragon8685's happiness points, that's all that matters, right?

Semmy

Quote from: murlocdummy on November 27, 2013, 01:39:16 AM
Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 26, 2013, 10:26:01 PM

If it increases ShadowDragon8685's happiness points, that's all that matters, right?

And colors prety colors.
It gives me a way to quickly identify area's i tend to use carpet colors to see rooms prison cells in a fast and easy way.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke