[A11b] Seeds Please! (V1.2) updated by Leucitius (10 July 2015)

Started by Vendan, April 27, 2015, 07:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leucetius

Only in the *.dll

There was no need to shuffle things in the xml around as the genome was already defined in the Plants_Cultivated.xml from the beginning. The Items_Custom_Seeds.xml only defines which plant grows out of which seed and the market value of each seedpack.

BUT (as I think this is were your question is heading): i don't guarantee savegame compatibility. It might work as it simply isn't relevant if seeds have a genome or not but I don't know what happens if the game tries to stack seeds with different genomes. To be safe: debug-delete all your seeds and debug-add new ones.

kaptain_kavern

Thx for quick reply

And yes you got me right. I was trying to understand if i can just update the .dll in an Hardcore SK Global modpack play. I promise not to complain if doesn't work :p  But it worked well when i just overwrited the biodiversity dll provide in modpack by the one with aggressive behavior fixed by Haplo.
And thx again for the workaround/tip with debug commands (i haven't figured out this one by myself ^^ )

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Leucetius on July 10, 2015, 10:58:03 AM
SeedsPlease 1.2 - A11b

P.S.: I played a month long game with nothing but this mod. No bugs. Plants were sowed, they growed like I expected them to they were harvested and - not always - spawned one or two new seeds. These got hauled to a stockpile and stacked correctly. No "15 cells stockpile with a handful of seeds of the same species in each cell". Also every stock plant worked fine.

Sounds great!  :)

dismar

Should start a new post with a link back to this one.

General Lynore

Quote from: theislander489 on June 30, 2015, 12:15:33 PM
I have the mod installed. I have strawberry seeds and carrot but all my colonists ever do is put them in the stockpile and never touch them again. And when I go to the growing area's "bills" all it ever says is grow the potato plant and never the other ones. Am I doing something wrong? Please help
Do you have other mods installed? Some mods change the research needed for each plant type to be grown. Ninefinger's Ultimate Overhaul is one modpack that changes this. Hope this helps!

skyarkhangel

Malaras

dismar

skyarkhangel

dismar

seems ok so far, started a new game with a few types of seeds and they planted them properly. :P

phoenixmastm

Quote from: dismar on August 23, 2015, 03:46:04 PM
seems ok so far, started a new game with a few types of seeds and they planted them properly. :P

Actually I'm having a problem with my game in that the Xerigium plant is unplantable.

Not sure if this is an overwrite with your Vegetable Garden mod or just something that is a bug in the Seeds mod. However, on growing zones, I have no option of growing Xerigium at all. Only other mods I have are MAI, industrialization, and the SC semi-A12 version.

Tekuromoto

Quote from: phoenixmastm on September 19, 2015, 03:17:58 PM
Actually I'm having a problem with my game in that the Xerigium plant is unplantable.

I had this problem too, and it turned out to be CCL - it's tweaked xerigium to require medical beds to be researched before it's available to plant. I've squeaked about it in the CCL thread, maybe you should too. ;)

dismar

there is a problem that if you have a lot of things to grow on your list that it cuts off the bottom of the menu. Try changing your resolution to see if that changes the problem...

phoenixmastm

Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 19, 2015, 04:20:58 PM

I had this problem too, and it turned out to be CCL - it's tweaked xerigium to require medical beds to be researched before it's available to plant. I've squeaked about it in the CCL thread, maybe you should too. ;)

No, cause I have everything researched, and I still can't see it.

Quote from: dismar on September 19, 2015, 04:53:13 PM
there is a problem that if you have a lot of things to grow on your list that it cuts off the bottom of the menu. Try changing your resolution to see if that changes the problem...

I'm running on 1440x900 max resolution, I think it may be something in the mods I have, but I'm not sure which one.

dismar

Quote from: phoenixmastm on September 21, 2015, 11:35:31 PM
Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 19, 2015, 04:20:58 PM

No, cause I have everything researched, and I still can't see it.

Quote from: dismar on September 19, 2015, 04:53:13 PM

I'm running on 1440x900 max resolution, I think it may be something in the mods I have, but I'm not sure which one.

I was running at max res too and was missing things. go down to a small res to see if the item magically appears.
To better understand what i men check out my bug report here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=15931.0