[A11b] Seeds Please! (V1.2) updated by Leucitius (10 July 2015)

Started by Vendan, April 27, 2015, 07:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vendan

Seeds Please!

Description:
Seeds Please! adds some gameplay surrounding planting and growing crops.  For most of the basic crops, you now need seeds, and seeds now have a genome, which affects the resulting plant.

Much of Seeds Please!'s code was taken from "Better Than Sentry Guns", which FlowerChild put into the public domain.

Genetics
Current genetics allow for variable growth rates, harvest yields, seed yields, the ability to grow at night(as long as they have enough light!), and the ability to survive frost conditions.

Future Plans

• Genetic Manipulation
  • Seed Value based on Genetics
  • More crops, and crops where you use the seeds(wheat and such)

Author/Mod Team
Vendan
Original code and assets from FlowerChild

ChangeLog

• V1.2
    • changed: Seeds no longer have a genome.
    • changed: Plant's genome is generated during sowing.
    • removed: genome check when storing seeds.
  • V1.1

• Fixing seed hauling job
  • V1.0

• Initial Release

Download
A11b: SeedsPlease
A10: SeedsPlease
How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Kolljak

OMG your poor people.... in those holes.....

Nice mod btw. looks neat i know some farm mods might want to ask you how you did this :D

Oh yeah.. almost forgot... FIRST!

Kolljak

Vendan

Quote from: Kolljak on April 27, 2015, 07:35:14 PM
OMG your poor people.... in those holes.....

Nice mod btw. looks neat i know some farm mods might want to ask you how you did this :D

Oh yeah.. almost forgot... FIRST!

That's the testing colony design, don't care about the colonists, just get the job done :)

If anyone wants to add plants or make submods or whatever, I'd be perfectly willing to add features and whatnot as needed.  In addition, the full source code is included in the mod.  I forgot to add a license, I'll do that next time I'm at my main computer, but consider it licensed under the MIT license.  Note though, a lot of this was pulled out of FlowerChild's mod and fixed up for alpha 10, and there are a few hacky bits here and there that I need to clean up.

Latta

Those genes change with generation? Or same genes results in same genes?
Also does those seeds with different genes stack?

Asfalto

Awesome! I'll try it

Need genetic manipulation! Yeeeeh

Vendan

Quote from: Latta on April 27, 2015, 07:42:28 PM
Those genes change with generation? Or same genes results in same genes?
Also does those seeds with different genes stack?

Genes currently stay the same with each generation, I'm still working out how the genetics and such will work out.  There may be "poor mans genetic manipulation" by planting different genomes side be side and getting some cross pollinating going.  Still need to work out picking a genome to plant and such for that though.

Seeds should only stack with the same genome.

Kolljak

So my first problem opon playing it is i cant seem to find a way to get seeds w/o communications and silver. could you not make it where you get seeds from farming? or clearing bushes? like scavaging for wild seeds. but they are low quality.

Vendan

Quote from: Kolljak on April 27, 2015, 08:30:28 PM
So my first problem opon playing it is i cant seem to find a way to get seeds w/o communications and silver. could you not make it where you get seeds from farming? or clearing bushes? like scavaging for wild seeds. but they are low quality.

I may add that, but you should get 8 decent quality seeds on spawn, though it's a customization to the start, so if you use a mod that messes with that, you'll be in trouble.  I'll look into harvesting native plants and getting low quality seeds out of that.  May be something that's not edible, but can be used as raw ingredient to the nutrient paste machine, which would be a neat way to make it actually useful.

Kolljak

Well i planted them and they didnt generate seeds that or my save is bugged i will get in coms with a trade... then agian im using other mods ill wait for a trade caravan to passby.

Kolljak

OK so what happened is i had made the farm w/o seeds before installing the mod then after installing the mods no seeds where givin it was my end not the mod itself. the old farm was old farm and not converted to new farm mod type. works now.

Vendan

Quote from: Kolljak on April 27, 2015, 08:56:14 PM
OK so what happened is i had made the farm w/o seeds before installing the mod then after installing the mods no seeds where givin it was my end not the mod itself. the old farm was old farm and not converted to new farm mod type. works now.

Yeah, existing crops don't get upgraded to "Seeded" crops, so it's a little rough starting out with on a preexisting colony that doesn't have lots of food and a comm system set up

Kolljak

well if winter comes i got 2 prisoners i can go all Donner party on if i half to >:D

PastaCrusade

Seed hauling is bugged.  Someone will try to pick up all the seeds, they will fail to merge, and they will only put what ever they picked up first into a stockpile, destroying the rest.

Kolljak

I also came across this. had 20 seeds picked up 8 ... only got 8.