[A11b] Seeds Please! (V1.2) updated by Leucitius (10 July 2015)

Started by Vendan, April 27, 2015, 07:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Sadly the author of this mod has not been online in a long time. Most of the bugs are from the ppl who have worked on it or were always there. Sadly this is a pretty cool mod. I hope that someone with coding know how will fix her up right :)

theislander489

I have the mod installed. I have strawberry seeds and carrot but all my colonists ever do is put them in the stockpile and never touch them again. And when I go to the growing area's "bills" all it ever says is grow the potato plant and never the other ones. Am I doing something wrong? Please help

Leucetius

Edited the Source - replaced method calls changed since the release of SeedsPlease 1.1 and little other stuff - like editing the Def.xml for the new graphics stuff (<graphicData></graphicData>).
Disclaimer: I'M NOT A PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMER. Nor am I 100% firm with the RimWorld source. But the thing works at my end (only mod)...the pawns even go to the field for sowing now.

PLEASE report bugs and me or someone with more knowledge tries to fix them.

Dropbox Link

edit: changed Saveable to IExposable - eliminating the "Cannot use LookDeep" error. Thanks Latta!

Ninefinger

Quote from: Leucetius on July 06, 2015, 05:45:40 PM
Edited the Source - replaced method calls changed since the release of SeedsPlease 1.1 and little other stuff - like editing the Def.xml for the new graphics stuff (<graphicData></graphicData>).
Disclaimer: I'M NOT A PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMER. Nor am I 100% firm with the RimWorld source. But the thing works at my end (only mod)...the pawns even go to the field for sowing now.

Dropbox Link
Thanks!

dismar

been messing around with his update and so far its all good. all the bugs that ppl have had are gone! yay! i'll be adding my vegetables to this tonight! Thank you very much Leucetius for your hard work!

Ninefinger

Quote from: dismar on July 06, 2015, 06:53:05 PM
been messing around with his update and so far its all good. all the bugs that ppl have had are gone! yay! i'll be adding my vegetables to this tonight! Thank you very much Leucetius for your hard work!
There is one bug "Cannot use LookDeep to save non-IExposable non-null genome of type SeedsPlease.PlantGenome" but it appears to be harmless something might not be working but the plants grow.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Leucetius on July 06, 2015, 05:45:40 PM

Dropbox Link

Great work. All works fine  ;)

dismar

updated a version of my mod that uses the seeds please mod! Can find it on my page. Thanks again for updating this!

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: dismar on July 06, 2015, 11:50:25 PM
updated a version of my mod that uses the seeds please mod! Can find it on my page. Thanks again for updating this!
Neat! going to dl that ASAP ^^

Leucetius

Quote from: Ninefinger on July 06, 2015, 06:54:21 PM
There is one bug "Cannot use LookDeep to save non-IExposable non-null genome of type SeedsPlease.PlantGenome" but it appears to be harmless something might not be working but the plants grow.
Thank you! I know the location of this call and will look into it when I'm home. As far as I can remember this is the method which saves the genome / adds it to each individual seed or plant. So as long as this isn't fixed, your plants/seeds might have different genomes when a game is loaded than when it was saved or the genome even jumps around midplay. But shouldn't be gamebreaking - in fact you shouldn't even notice that when playing without developer mode (which by the way gives me all the researches now O.o)

Latta

There is one bug "Cannot use LookDeep to save non-IExposable non-null genome of type SeedsPlease.PlantGenome" ---

Actually It's caused as interface Saveable's name has changed to IExposable, so you just change this in source and done.
Very simple solution: PlantGenome : Saveable => PlantGenome : IExposable

I made a quick patch. Genome won't change every time as file loads, if Look_Deep works.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sad4d9kowf674g/SeedsPlease.A11.SaveFixed.rar?dl=0

Ninefinger

Quote from: Latta on July 07, 2015, 02:11:01 AM
There is one bug "Cannot use LookDeep to save non-IExposable non-null genome of type SeedsPlease.PlantGenome" ---

Actually It's caused by interface Saveable's name has changed to IExposable, so you just change this in source and done.
Very simple solution: PlantGenome : Saveable => PlantGenome : IExposable

I made a quick patch. Genome won't change every time as file loads, if Look_Deep works.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sad4d9kowf674g/SeedsPlease.A11.SaveFixed.rar?dl=0

Thank you!

Havan_IronOak

Just got a Cargo pod drop of "bush seed" I'm guessing that that's from the Seeds Please mod. They lack a description and I'm NOT sure that they're of any value. Is there a reason to grow bushes?

Leucetius

SeedsPlease 1.2 - A11b

== Version 1.2 - RimWorld Alpha 11b - 10. July 2015 ==
changed: Seeds no longer have a genome.
changed: Plant's genome is generated during sowing.
removed: genome check when storing seeds.

What I intend to do over the weekend:
readd: seeds have genome. But only together with...
add: a seed container. It will only hold seeds of one plant species, but numerous different genomes. Preferably sortable with respect to genome properties
change: the plant growing handler. Nightcheck? GrowingSeasonCheck? Nope. Realworld plants don't know if there's night or the time of the year. If there's light an warmth they grow...
add: a prerequisite check to the sowing WorkHandler

P.S.: I played a month long game with nothing but this mod. No bugs. Plants were sowed, they growed like I expected them to they were harvested and - not always - spawned one or two new seeds. These got hauled to a stockpile and stacked correctly. No "15 cells stockpile with a handful of seeds of the same species in each cell". Also every stock plant worked fine.

edit:
Quote from: Havan_IronOak on July 09, 2015, 11:41:36 AM
Just got a Cargo pod drop of "bush seed" I'm guessing that that's from the Seeds Please mod. They lack a description and I'm NOT sure that they're of any value. Is there a reason to grow bushes?
I'll look into this. One thing until then: I believe the cargodrops are purely random. But there shouldn't be any bushseeds...There is no def for them...

kaptain_kavern

Thx a lot for your hard work man

Quick question : Do you have changed things only in the .dll file or in .xml files too ?