Praying

Started by Asfalto, April 28, 2015, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kegereneku

I have to say I would kind of prefer "praying" in this Rimworld being like a realistic disease/incurable trait (note the sensible choice of words) rather than a 'joy' activity. (In my 40 000th colony, there is no 'joy', only religious war)

But well, this isn't a big deal (those thing happen).
I just hope than when Tynan finally add that "religious" feature he mentioned, it will be a game-mechanic the players can avoid to use the same way you can play without making sculpture, eating meat or selling slaves.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Asfalto

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on April 28, 2015, 10:34:43 AM
Book was an awesome space cowboy, and he was a preacher..

That said, I would like to see 'praying' being linked to a spiritual trait (so I could choose to accept or reject god fearing colonists, just as I do ones who eat people), and the ability to dictate where praying happens instead of just in their rooms - my golden temples surrounding the holy shippart look empty....

Again: i want orgies to be put in the spiritual trait, since i don't get ANY relief from praying, but i (and lots of other people) would from an orgy, or from tons of other activities who are not linked to stupid religions.

Asfalto

Quote from: Kegereneku on April 29, 2015, 03:16:08 PM
I have to say I would kind of prefer "praying" in this Rimworld being like a realistic disease/incurable trait (note the sensible choice of words) rather than a 'joy' activity. (In my 40 000th colony, there is no 'joy', only religious war)

But well, this isn't a big deal (those thing happen).
I just hope than when Tynan finally add that "religious" feature he mentioned, it will be a game-mechanic the players can avoid to use the same way you can play without making sculpture, eating meat or selling slaves.

This is what i meant. Thanks for not being a retard trying to make me like praying.

Tobias

Quotesince i don't get ANY relief from praying
And many people don't get ANY relief from an stupid orgy.

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: TrashMan on April 29, 2015, 06:43:42 AM
Quote from: Asfalto on April 28, 2015, 09:52:29 AM
Space colonists praying to me is them going insane, not "trying to get some peace"
It's a stupid game mechanic, and concept.

you're an idiot....

You could both be a wee bit more tactful.  ::)

For example:

I disagree with the implementation of this game mechanic. I would like to be able to turn it off.

and

I respectfully disagree with your opinion, I think this game mechanic is fine as it is.

I can't believe I even have to provide examples.  ::)

Shinzy

Quote from: MarvinKosh on April 30, 2015, 11:21:15 AM
Quote from: TrashMan on April 29, 2015, 06:43:42 AM
Quote from: Asfalto on April 28, 2015, 09:52:29 AM
Space colonists praying to me is them going insane, not "trying to get some peace"
It's a stupid game mechanic, and concept.

you're an idiot....

You could both be a wee bit more tactful.  ::)

For example:

I disagree with the implementation of this game mechanic. I would like to be able to turn it off.

and

I respectfully disagree with your opinion, I think this game mechanic is fine as it is.

I can't believe I even have to provide examples.  ::)

Come now marv! you don't really want anyone to sound like they'd just swallowed a dictionary ;D
Why, I insist this extent of tactfullness bears the tendency of forming the appeareance of too lofty formalityness!

Plymouth

Quote from: Tobias on April 30, 2015, 10:47:11 AM
Quotesince i don't get ANY relief from praying
And many people don't get ANY relief from an stupid orgy.

You deserve a cookie right there, for making a point  :P

Tynan

Let's dial down the hostility please.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Kolljak

Just because one person doesnt like praying does not mean that the mechanic needs to be removed.. i think its Tynan's game and he is making it. so in that retrospect HE can put whatever he wants in it.

Side note this isnt a suggestion this is a complaint.... wrong post area.

Tynan

Yeah, it is. Anyway there's nothing more to say here, so I'm locking it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog