My game stories

Started by Hypolite, September 16, 2013, 10:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Your thoughts may be correct. The ecosystem is probably unstable. How long did you play for?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Hypolite

I am currently at 7 cycles and 6 days but it's been many days since I started seeing hurt muffalos and dead squirrels all around the place.

Tynan

That's it then. I'll look into it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Hypolite

Let us know if you need suggestions for the ecosystem :)

Finjinimo

Quote from: Hypolite on October 08, 2013, 09:11:22 PM
- Funeral pyre: Clearing animal corpses with a specialized Dump area and pouring Molotov cocktails on them (see attachments).

I love how gleeful Rogers looks as she watches those animal corpses burn... I imagine she is also laughing quite evilly. You might want to keep an eye on that one.

Hypolite

She threw the Molotov cocktails herself... ;)

Semmy

Quote from: Finjinimo on October 08, 2013, 10:16:32 PM
Quote from: Hypolite on October 08, 2013, 09:11:22 PM
- Funeral pyre: Clearing animal corpses with a specialized Dump area and pouring Molotov cocktails on them (see attachments).

I love how gleeful Rogers looks as she watches those animal corpses burn... I imagine she is also laughing quite evilly. You might want to keep an eye on that one.

Sorry i have to object.

Keeping a eye on her would mean she could get terminated in the future.
I would forget all about her and let her roam around the countryside and do her evil biddings
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Lechai

fun read hypolite

hows the latest playthrough going?

Hypolite

Quick update:
- 37 colonists
- 182 931$
- 156 447 Food
- 1 057 Uranium
- 775 Medikits
- 2 342 Shells
- 327 Missiles

I made the whole map the Home zone. The whole map is clean, and everytime a boomrat dies of starvation, a firefighter shows up to extinguish the fire, and two more to clean up the blood in the sand. I also cleared every single rock debris with grenades. I try to level the rock formation, but roof collapses took a high toll on my miners, so I left only pillars.

I found a geothermal geysers while ecavating to find Metal. I have now three Geothermal stations, each one under a roof and linked to the main base by a triple power conduit. This adds up to my 20 solar panels and 40 batteries to provide power to my extensive underground complex (40 bedrooms, 3 mess halls, a giant hydroponics room, a big armory).

I had to create and maintain 4 growing areas outside to allow wild life to sustain. Since I cut all vegetation after cacti won the ecosystem battle, I had plenty of animal corpses to burn because spawned wild life would quickly die of starvation. Maintaining growing areas reduce the overhaul of hauling corpses to the dump areas and setting them on fire. I have a pretty cool herd of muffalos going on, even if I can't get anything from them yet.

My current project is to allow my colonists to go full speed on every tile on the map and simultaneously not having to clean up everywhere but around the growing areas. I already applied Smooth stone everywhere I could (20% of the map), and the pavement is going well (50% of the map). I'm limited by the amount of metal I can get from trade since I used most of the obvious metal deposits on the map. I'm now prospecting inside the larger rock mass my base is built in.

I'm currently in the 220th day of ingame play.

Lechai

wow,

do you still get attacked by raiders? and how many?

Hypolite

This game is ran on a botched build 224 that saw raiders stop attacking after a while. The last raids I had to fend off were comprised of maximum 10 raiders. With all the manpower and firepower and turrets I sold since to pave the whole map, it wasn't a big deal really. However, the blood and corpses they left was.

Hypolite

Here a whole view of the map:

(click to enlarge)

Lechai

no turrets?
or you sell them after the attacks stopped?

Hypolite

Sold them for scraps since there was no threat anymore :)

Christian

Your thread is awesome. It's one of the factors that made me decide to back Rimworld. So many incredible possibilities