Do They Adhere to Timetable?

Started by DDog, April 29, 2015, 10:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDog

Sorry another question...   do you find the pawns strictly adhere to the timetable??  I don't think so...  but maybe I am wrong...  seems like they don't do joy when they are supposed to...  but not sure..

Panzer

Yeah well they do stick to their timetable, but all activities take up a certain amount of time and the current activity will always be finished first. If your guy decides to pick up a steel slag somewhere on the other side of the map, then that will undoubtedly mess up his sleeping schedule.
Same with art or crafting, the sculpting animation for instance takes up like 10 seconds before your colonist might decide to do something else, usually you dont see it because it is looped and he instantly picks the rock up and drops it again, but you can hear it ;)

RemingtonRyder

Indeed. Usually I find it best to have a four hour block of Joy before the working day starts.

TLHeart

no they do not stick to it strictly. If they wander in from their work late for sleep, they will sleep in the next day, and when they wake up, they will do what the schedule says for them to do. If they slept thru their one hour of joy time, they miss out. They finish the job they are doing, then can move on to the next schedule. 

They do not drop whatever they are doing on the hour, to start a different activity.

userfredle

Speaking of all this i would love a feature that i can check to make pawns strictly abide by my orders no matter what theyre doing, unless of course drafted

RickyMartini

I don't know if it helps, but I usually place 4 hours of joy before they go to sleep for 6 hours.

Usually that will draw every distant colonist on the map, and if they are finished playing around, they'll still go to work again before nappy time. :)