[W - 0.10.780] Siegers act like undrafted Colonists

Started by PotatoOnStick, April 29, 2015, 10:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PotatoOnStick

I happen to find a bug that people besieging your colony have a window where they will not attack back when you sally out to them.

-What the circumstances were.
I moved out as soon as i saw the siege message to caught them before they have a setup base or could start lobbing shells into my base.
I moved out with mainly ranged citizens and 1 melee.

-What happened.
As i took cover before there supplies dropped i noticed that my men were already shooting while they did not even bother to notice me and they had the edge when it came to range since they had sniper rifles and other medium firearms while i still had to do with mainly pistols. Only after i killed at least 1/2 of them did they start to fight back but at that point i already won the fight.

-What you expected to happen.
To be honest i was expecting that they would shoot me on sight yet they just stood there like idle non-drafted colonist.

-How we can reproduce the bug. This part is important!
I think it should be possible when spawning a siege and moving out with armed forces after all of them have dropped in and then started to move to there staging ground. Yet i do feel the need to report that when ever i had this happen to me there was most of the time at least 1 if not more people not at the point where the rest was waiting. Yet i am unsure if this is a cause of the problem or just a thing since some people are just slower in-game then others.

When it comes to logs i have no logs on record sadly i do have the save file though. The (what i hope is the right) world and the correct save file as an attachment. Also note that this save file does not include the colonists i used to assault the first siege where i had thing bug/glitch, yet when it comes to the second siege where this happened to me there are a couple of people who have been there.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tynan

Cool savegame but it looks like you killed them all already!

Anyway I think this is just a consequence of them having a small number of siegers, so too many of them are "builders" and thus not defending. Thank you for reporting, I'll have to consider adjusting how this works.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog