Annoying alpha flickering

Started by skullywag, April 30, 2015, 12:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

So i copied the vanilla door mover image coloured it brown and made a door def for it. When i place the door it flickers with white lines on the left and right of it as i mobe the camera, the vanilla one doesnt. Someone explain this wizardry to me. I can only assume saving as png-24 in photoshop is doing something to it???
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

gib me the mood!
Not that I could possibly fix it but I'm just really really curious and I want to see it?

Adamiks

I think that this happening, because textures should be in .png
And maybe use GIMP? I created some textures in GIMP and everything was ok.

skullywag

It is png. Png24 is just a type of png.

Im literally copying the png from core (well almost..it gets changed from dds to png) and recouloring it. Nothing more. Override the vanilla door def and set your own texture. See if it does it for you.

If i dont edit the png i make from the core one it works fine. So it must be something photoshop is doing on save.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

hrm, I use Paint Shop Pro 7 (all the newer versions suck) and I have seen the "edge lines" when zooming, but no alpha flicker.  This is usually because I forgot to fix the alpha channel when creating the texture.

This is going to sound like a stupid question but, is the output saved with the proper alpha channel?  Perhaps it's corrupting/ not saving/ offsetting/ inverting/ or doing some other weird thing to it.  Is the texture correct if you load it in some other imaging software (gimp, PSP, Paint.Net, etc)?
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.