Does the game try to screw you?

Started by TitaniumTurtle, April 30, 2015, 01:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TitaniumTurtle

So I have been playing the same colony for a little while now, and I have only lost 1 of my total 15 colonists (disease). My colony is pretty well defended, but I just discovered a new area while digging through the mountain. Only 2 days after having discovered the new area I am hit the largest raid I have ever had. Guess which area they spawned in... I just barely got the walls up, let alone any defenses. I saved the game right when the raid started, but about 30 seconds into the raid one of the pirates fired a triple rocket launcher and basically killed 85% of my population...

Darth Fool

Depends on which deity ... uhm storyteller ... your colonists pray to... but basically, yes.

TitaniumTurtle

So update, I went back to the save about 30 seconds before the raid started. Apparently raids have to always start off screen, so by looking at that area they come in at the usual area. Unfortunately though, even on my defended side the mechanoids are strong enough to cause some serious damage since there are now twice as many centipedes. I managed to funnel them to a single location, but it happens to be just barely inside my minimum mortar range, and when my colonists catch fire they immediately run straight into the cross-fire.