[0.10.785] Cannot open worlds.

Started by Woyzeck, April 22, 2015, 10:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woyzeck

I can generate them, I can view them at the generation screen, I can look at the list of them - but clicking to select one results in nothing. No crash, no lock-up, and no opening of the world map, either.

Tobias

Quote from: Woyzeck on April 22, 2015, 10:45:13 PM
I can generate them, I can view them at the generation screen, I can look at the list of them - but clicking to select one results in nothing. No crash, no lock-up, and no opening of the world map, either.
Yes, same here.
I can create a new world, but I can't create a new colony. Clicking on the "select" button does nothing. The button feedback is active for a while (like 1 sec) but that's about it. It does not make a difference if the world is an old one from a previous build or a freshly generated one....

Woyzeck

" Clicking on the "select" button does nothing. The button feedback is active for a while (like 1 sec) but that's about it."

Same here. Went back and fiddled with it now that I'm home from work.

1. I posted this last night after only trying it without any mods active (i.e. vanilla Rimworld), both with a world from one of the earlier hotfixes and a newly generated one.
2. Activating a mod (mine, the only one I use) allowed me to open both the old and new world.
3. Turning the mod off allowed me to open the new world once, but after backing out from that screen I couldn't open either the new or the old world.

Tobias

I tried it a couple of times now.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Haven't figuered out a pattern yet.
And most of the time when it doesn't work, loading a saved colony fails catastrophical. No world generation, "burned in" main menu text (no graphics) and rapid up counting on errors in the log.
But again, can't make out a pattern there, sorry.

Tynan

If anyone can post the output_log I could try to diagnose this. Can anyone do that?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

No love :(

Locking it. Please post a repro if it comes up and there's more evidence.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog