[A12d] Infusion - Equipment enchantment (03-10-15 v31b) Apparel fix

Started by Latta, May 01, 2015, 06:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latta

A unique way to make unique items for your special colonists: Randomly enchants equipment.

Varying infusions for everyone
All weapons and apparels(Except personal shield) have a chance to get infused. They will have its own label, various stat buffs and color coded overlay. Note that enemies might carry infused equipment too.

Stat bonuses
A infusion grants an item many minor bonuses, including melee damage, ranged accuracy, attack speed, movement speed, global work speed, specific job speed bonus and more.

Fully customizable
If you don't like something or want to add your own infusion, go to InfusionDefs folder and edit it. All infusions can be deleted and modified via XML. No C# knowledge required.

Source code
GitHub

Is there a list of all available infusions?
List

Can I install this on existing colonies?
Yes, you can use Infusion with your ongoing game.

Can I use this with (random mod)?
Unless it redefines any of Core StatDef. You can still able to use both, but either infusion bonus will not work, or (random mod)'s overwrite will be undone.

Community Core Library (Required)
Direct
Adf.ly

• Wastelander for "Prison Improvements" (Original injection codes)
  • mipen helped me with custom Defs

• Please report any.

Kaballah

Latta

Quote from: Kaballah on May 01, 2015, 07:16:53 AM
Neat.  All materials?  Even wooden weapons?
Yes, but please don't expect anything good from infused wooden blades. They are bad in its own except you are trying to get non-combat infusions.

rexx1888

i dont know if ive said this before, but you're a pretty rad modder. nice work :D

Kaballah

Tbh melee needs pretty much all the help it can get, aside from straight damage, so even though this is pretty weird in the game's context I'm gonna try it anyway :)

It's not any more outlandish than the Zombies mod and in fact I'd be interested in seeing how these two mods interact, once JustinC updates his mod.

Latta

If you may come up with more... reasonable word and way than "infusion", please let me know. I know its weird too. lol :D
But I'm satisfied that I can finally see weapons that has suffix with it. My next goal is to make my farmer harvest rice with his weapon, the "Lesser minigun of plain and steel (legendary)".

BBream

Kaballah

"imbue" (verb) is probably the word you're thinking of but it becomes really awkward when in noun form: "imbuement"

I don't mind "infusion" really, it isn't blatantly magic-sounding.

Latta

Then how about those pre/suffixes? Uh..."Motorized steel shiv with spikes".. "Telescoping wooden longsword with decorations"?

Oh, I forgot this
Quote from: rexx1888 on May 01, 2015, 07:34:37 AM
i dont know if ive said this before, but you're a pretty rad modder. nice work :D
Thank you!

Kaballah

I dunno, if you're OK with it being magical then fine :)

On the other hand psionic powers are an actual thing in the game, so you might build from terms from psionics stuff - Julian May's books have tons of material on this but here's a random internet post that condenses a lot of terms on one page:
http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=4960

BBream

Quote from: Latta on May 01, 2015, 08:07:04 AM
Then how about those pre/suffixes? Uh..."Motorized steel shiv with spikes".. "Telescoping wooden longsword with decorations"?

Motorized? Telescoping? haha what a super magic power! ;D

HBKRKO619

Dragoon

*drools* DARK MESSIAH MIGHT AND MAGIC!!!! I'm sorry but it had to be said this is cool.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Ramsis

Quote from: Latta on May 01, 2015, 06:59:19 AM
Description
The void god [deleted] has arrived! A thick cloud of nanobots. It has decided to infuse this planet's melee weapons with unknown power!
Infusion? Enchantment? High grade melee weapons will sometimes get magical stat bonuses.

WORDS WORDS WORDS

I like the idea of this mod Latta but as someone who personally can't stand melee in a game full of gun I'm stuck groveling for you to possibly look at adding in Infusions for guns or at least the lower type of weapons. Your mod is wonderful, I just wish I could use it more!
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Latta

Quote from: Ramsis on May 01, 2015, 12:16:15 PM
I like the idea of this mod Latta but as someone who personally can't stand melee in a game full of gun I'm stuck groveling for you to possibly look at adding in Infusions for guns or at least the lower type of weapons. Your mod is wonderful, I just wish I could use it more!

Surely, after I adjust base functions.