Prisoner Intimidation

Started by hector212121, April 30, 2015, 07:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

Basically, a status that basically goes along the lines of "I'd better do what these people say..."

For instance, a human leather armchair would both be comfortable and intimidating.

Cryusaki

There was a mood meter called "fear" in the earlier alphas which did exactly this. Placing gibbet cages of human corpses around prisoner cells and giving them daily beatings (It was an option just like try to recruit is now) would subdue them in fear. Tynan eventually removed this for several reasons I'm sure but it tended to be powerful as a fearful colony is a polite colony.

Mikhail Reign

... I miss being able to beat the prisoners so easily. Maybe we could bring it back so that there were 2 types of colonists? Ones recruited with fear, other with convincing. The ones recruited with fear work at a %debuff of normal, but it's easier to do, or convince them to join and they join like normal. For those times when you you need a hauler right now. Maybe the fear colonist colonists have a easier breaking point but daily beatings would keep them down. On the other hand if they were well treated and everything was nice they might become normal members. Huh, even slaves from traders could have this debuff. They are slaves when we get them after all - it always seems a bit weird that we brough them and then they have no problem with it andjust get to work.

Kegereneku

The problem with recruitment is that you would need a leverage to convince the person. Some prisoner should be impossible to reprogram convince to join you.

Intimidation is hardly a good way to get undying loyalty. or at least as a matter of storytelling I don't see how to justify someone joining and staying out of pure fear.

Not without an acceptable "leverage", but that would require serious change. I wasn't there when the FEAR ruled the Rimworld, but the more joyous time clearly seem like an improvement.

"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

lone colonist

This remind me torture chamber from Dungeon keeper 2 , watching those heroes suffer before surrender to you are part of the fun  :P