More raids!

Started by Adamiks, May 01, 2015, 07:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

I don't know if there was some changes in A10 about the raids, but i have 38-40 colonists, high value of the base etc. and NO FUCKING RAIDS. I choose extreme difficulty and still i have like 2-3 raids (and when some guys comes, they are so weak for my good-equipped guys) per day (in REAL time!). Seriously, game is boring without any challenge.

Demoulius

Upset all the factions in the game and see if it stays that way  ;)

Turps

Be cool if ya could taunt them through the comms main frame. Like shocking stuff about their mothers or standard issue internet taunt about how they can't spell. Hopefully it will bring on a big raid.
Jokes aside if your playing on randy their can be massive quiet periods.
Its not a battle unless some limbs are getting shot off!

Rahjital

Are you playing Randy? If so, you might simply be having "bad" luck, Randy sometimes has long periods of mostly nothing, it's not always hell. Cassandra shoild give you a more regular challenge.

ascdren

If you have changed between story tellers it breaks the 'events' this is a known bug in 10f

skullywag

I have found in the past that setting off an event in the dev menu seems to kick it back into life, use the "travellers" or "visitors" event. Everytime ive done that after a month or 2 lul i end up getting stuff pouring in the days after it, it could be pure dumb luck so cant promise anything.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Adamiks

Yep i know that. I play on Cassandra. Also i have all factions angry on me.

Kegereneku

Be careful with what you wish for.

There was and still is a need to reduce frequency and size of raids, or say, rely on a Storyteller to get a game focused on fighting off raiders.
The fighting isn't the central interest of Rimworld, so in the later alpha expect to see more sort of Events.

Anyway, as said, you might just have been a little to (un)lucky
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Adamiks

Quote from: Kegereneku on May 02, 2015, 08:20:19 AM
Be careful with what you wish for.

There was and still is a need to reduce frequency and size of raids, or say, rely on a Storyteller to get a game focused on fighting off raiders.
The fighting isn't the central interest of Rimworld, so in the later alpha expect to see more sort of Events.

Anyway, as said, you might just have been a little to (un)lucky

I don't care. They can even destroy my colony, because i need end with this save anyway (lot of colonists > lags and i don't have heart from stone to kill them). And by the way i have guy with synthetic organs, advanced bionics limbs (he is one-man-army) etc. so i don't think they will destroy my base :D

RickyMartini

Quote from: ascdren on May 02, 2015, 02:49:27 AM
If you have changed between story tellers it breaks the 'events' this is a known bug in 10f

Really?? If that's true that could explain some things. Where did Tynan say that?

TLHeart

Quote from: Skissor on May 02, 2015, 04:36:40 PM
Quote from: ascdren on May 02, 2015, 02:49:27 AM

Really?? If that's true that could explain some things. Where did Tynan say that?
on the front page of the developers blog.

RickyMartini

Quote from: TLHeart on May 02, 2015, 04:52:40 PM
on the front page of the developers blog.

Holy shit, didn't even get that one. So i've been playing on a broken safe for 2 days now. -_-